Anybody know what just a regular conventional fifth wheel tractor weighs.
If your talking about just a regular day cab tandem truck then id say around 16,000 lbs. Thats what i always thought they were around.
My 2006 peterbilt 379 day cab, Double frame, 46,000 rears, 24" rubber on alluminum, full fenders with wet lines weighs in at just around 19,000 lbs. What kind of truck are you looking at Jon?
Is that peterbilt truck as your profile picture the one? It's really nice. Well I'm looking at the possibility of buying a tri-drive tractor some year. So I just wanted to get the weight of a regular tandem tractor which seems to be between 16 to 19 thousand pounds based on your guys replies. A tri-drive must be at least 20,000 lbs then.
Jon, Thanks!, Yes thats the tractor i'm talking about. I just bought a 365 triaxle, a little longer than a tractor would be but with floats on the front and pusher, and 24" in the rear all on aluminum wheels, dual stacks, and wet lines it comes in about 21,120lbs. Hope that helps.
Yeah it does thanks PETE379.:thumbsup