I have a air tag trailer; the air lines that come with the trailer are cheap plastic coil hoses that kink, break in the cold and otherwise don't hold up very well. The replacement lines found at parts stores are generally more of the same. Especially in cold weather they are brittle and break easily. My question; does the DOT regulate these lines? Do they have to be the red and blue coil plastic lines, or can I make other lines? The higher quality setups I find online are all way too long, set up for semis. Can I use Parker push lock hose and fittings? Push-Lok Plus Hose, Parker Push-Lok Hose Push-Lok Plus Hose, Parker Push-Lok Hose, Push-Lok Plus Hose from Parker is a premium, leak-free hose solution to your low-pressure plumbing applications. Easy-to-assemble, this push-lock hose requires no clamps or special tools to install. Parker push-lock hose is made from high-quality... www.dultmeier.com Pushlok Swivel Fitting: 1/2" Female Flare Swivel x 1/2" Hose Barb Pushlok Swivel Fitting: 1/2" Female Flare Swivel x 1/2" Hose Barb, 30234 45 SAE FlareFor Pushlok Hose No. 3222 www.dultmeier.com
Assuming you are talking glad lines. Our tag along trailers come with a rubber air line. Only the glad hands are colored. Most of the tractors come with coiled lines but are replaced with rubber
Yes DOT regulates and will inspect your air lines during an inspection. The only components you can use must be labeled "dot". On something like a tag trailer I use pre made dot rubber air hose. They come in a variety of sizes. There most commonly used to go from valves to brake chambers.
Yes, I am. Thanks
https://www.imperialsupplies.com/item/0905160
I don't know where you are at in Wi, but in NW Wi, we have Auto Value parts stores. They have everything you would need. I am sure truck dealers would have these too. FWD
I ended up going this route: Kink-Repairing Coiled Tractor-Trailer Air Hoses With Blue/Red Grips High Quality Air Brake Hose * Kink-Repairing Tubing * Black Tubing With Red And Blue Grips * Non-Corrosive Cable Guards * Molded In-Line Leads * Temperature Range From -112 Degrees Fahrenheit * Dimensions: - 15 Foot Length Tubing - 4 Inch Diameter Tubing - 40 Inch Length Leads - 2.756 Inch (70... www.4statetrucks.com They seem really nice, and are good in cold weather. All Auto Value had is the cheap plastic junk. They probably could have ordered better, but it would have cost me about twice as much.
What you bought looks really good! The only trailer I have with air brakes is a 3 axle tagalong pulled by a dump truck. Just use short rubber air hose for that application. Good to know what's available though. FWD
If I have to replace coiled lines, I like the Stallion-Flex.