This is one of those jobs that make want to slap someone.Minor Boss said your getting in to a possible mess. Boiler company hired a guy and his trailer to haul a boiler to NE but thru a big blow up and details that would write a novel the company that hired us decided to fire this guy and hire another outfit. Boiler is loaded and tied down ready to roll sitting on the company's parking lot. The outfit that was hired to replace the 1st showed up and I was wondering if someone had lost their mind.Trailer was a bunch of mismated pieces. Before it was all done the cops showed up, A lawyer was present.And I made 12 hours out of a 6 hour job. Oh did I mention, It rained that day also ointhead
This is the trailer we put the boiler on. The whole thing was mismated pieces.A deck extension that looked like it was welded up the night before and pin holes flame cut. It all pinned together but not what I wanted to see.some lugs were cut completely off. Old boy driving could not back in,So we had to pickup the trailer with the crane and turn it around for him.80 feet of rigging because it would not pin up so we had to rig to the ends.
What'd that weigh?
Going from memory 135,000 lbs,not completely sure tho
dam DOT's gonna have a feild day with that....
The rain here has been the pits... We had a storm sewer job that a cop had to be there the whole time we did the job... about 2 weeks... The land owner had signs all over the place... gun guts glory pry from my hands stuff... I unloaded a couple of Superior Boilers years ago... Supposed to be a matched pair.... from my vantage point I could see that they weren't even close to the same on the top... It was "shut up you don't know what your talking about" About a week later when the prefab piping showed up... none of it fit the one boiler... imagine that... Guess what got loaded out later that week...
If it is 135,000# neither one of the trailers could axle that weight out in Kansas. The black trailer is an XL Specialized east coast 65ton, so 135,000# is overloading that trailer. The Red trailer looks to be a Talbert with a short spread stinger. You need 11 axles to axle that kind of weight out...and when I say 11 axles I am talking about a 3+3+2 with a tandem truck, NOT a 2+3+2 with a 4 axle truck because neither one of those trailers have the jeep/main neck spec'ed to be able to put 60,000# on the tri of a tractor. Kansas should give you 45,000# on the tandems and 60,000# on the tri about 130,000# payload depending on the empty weight of those trailers. Justin
tiny, did you say the DRIVER could not back up? are you not the DRIVER always defending DRIVERS? hmmm.......
I'm Sorry Q.....No way to defend this guy or the outfit he works for for that matter.
In the second picture on the first post is that just a pile of square tubing welded up together to support the 5th wheel on the jeep? Crazy!
That was really a little more just stacked pipe, They were doweled and indexed and hold all those together..............Hydraulics worked, they were there to hold the hight I guess.
Those pipes were there to take the weight off of the hydraulics. All trl mfg's have warning stickers to that effect. Makes perfect sense. Only thing I see from that is he doesn't , or didn't, have very much travel left if he would have needed to get more lift out of his tower. As far as being able to scale that in Kansas or anywhere else, that's what I bid against everyday. Some jack leg super trucking outfit, cuts my rates, then sends half a trailer to do tha job. I can only hope that this TSA 2010 program that coming in October may put a stop to some of that. Well, I can hope can't I? Great pics Tiny.:drinkup