Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need to get a new trailer

Mavrickxxx ยท 2010-07-11 08:57

I'm looking for a new equipment trailer my current one is a two axle with mobile home style tires. 6 ton. I also have a three axle 9 ton that needs some wrk. Basiclly I'm tired of replacing tires constantly on the two axle n am thinking that three axle is going to be even worse. I have a mini ex that ways four tons n 864 track skid steer I would like to move on same trailer I haul with my f350 dually dump. Looking for ideas

Replies7
  1. #1tonka2010-07-11 09:53

    Bumper or 5th wheel hitch?

  2. #2willie592010-07-11 10:31

    We have one of these, built by TarasPort Trailers. Works excellent for mini-ex's and skid loaders.

  3. #3Mavrickxxx2010-07-11 11:22

    Bumper pull. I am wondering if I can put a fithwheel in my dump body some how. I don't know if that is a crazy thought.

  4. #4willie592010-07-11 11:36

    I don't think it would be practicle to rig dump body for fifth wheel hitch. First you would have to rig a way to latch dump body down or trailer would try to raise bed when your pulling. Second, I doubt the dump body frame work is heavy enough to handle the pulling stress of a fifth wheel trailer and load.

  5. #5mitch5042010-07-11 11:58

    If you buy 14ply rating 14.5 inch lowboy tires instead of those mobile home 8pr temporary use tires you'll be shocked at the difference in life. If the 3-axle is setup right it'll have 33% less weight on each tire. 9-14.5 tires are available in much higher weight ratings than 14, 15, or 16" ones while being shorter than 17.5 or 19.5s.

  6. #6Mavrickxxx2010-07-11 12:03

    I've been looking a little today online n their have been a few guys that have made hatches in dumpbody to accses the ball for a gooseneck that's hooked to frame. I'm not in a rush today for new trailer. Would like something differnt by end of summer. Also my buddy is thinking of getting a gooseneck dump n we swap trailers n stuff often.

  7. #7heavylift2010-07-11 12:11

    pawn shops .... craigslist....auctions but the auction ones tend to go for new price... even when you need a trailer to haul the trailer just bought to get repaired...