Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tranny fluid

rokjokgm123 ยท 2010-04-06 00:06

Just a quick easy one? What type of tranny fluid do I put into a Case 680? Right thru' the dipstick tube? OK, two quick ones. What hydraulic fluid? Thanks everyone!!

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2010-04-06 07:17

    What series is the 680 ?

  2. #2rokjokgm1232010-04-06 10:19

    Its that 680G that you have been helping me thru' the brake troubles with. The chamber is down getting new diaphragms so I'm trying to get things topped off & be ready. Thanks

  3. #3dpage022010-04-06 12:36

    The manual says Case TCH fluid. Check with the engine running.

  4. #4Tinkerer2010-04-06 23:17

    When you say tranny fluid,to me it can mean two different units. The Power shuttle/transmission or the four speed gear box (transmission). If you are pulling a dipstick then that is the Power Shuttle Transmission. dpage02 is correct , Case TCH or its equivalent for the power shuttle. The four speed transmission would require a 80/90W gear oil.

  5. #5rokjokgm1232010-04-06 23:56

    I'm pulling the dipstick that is in th cab floor right in front of the brake pedals. Where do i check the 4speed? Thanks

  6. #6Tinkerer2010-04-07 06:20

    Go under the machine and on the left hand side of the gear box you will find a pipe plug. That is the access hole to check and or fill it. The drain plug on the bottom has a magnet attached to it. If you have never changed the gear oil I would suggest that you do. At that time check the magnet and clean it.