Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trans fluid requirments

dozer12216 ยท 2015-02-04 06:54

I acquired a D4H LGP seriers 111 with no manuals of course. Is 30 wt motor oil correct for trans?

Replies5
  1. #1dozer122162015-02-05 08:12

    After several searches, the defintive answer was found. 30 wt is choice.

  2. #2Dickjr.2015-02-05 10:35

    I think it requires an oil with the t-04 package which translates into an additive for the clutch/ brake system. Most of the generic oils I have seen from NAPA, Oreilly's and such does not have this. Any oil distributer should have this and I would insist on using it. My local guy likes to push the multi purpose fluid.

  3. #3D6c10K2015-02-05 15:25

    I think DickJr is right.....T-04 is what Cat recommends for my tractor. Not motor oil.

  4. #4wosama931b2015-02-05 15:33

    Get some TO-4 from the Cat people, it not worth the risk to do anything else. sam.

  5. #5bob_002015-02-11 21:46

    TO-4 is found in tractor tdh fluid at any tractor supply