Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transaxle flush

Equipmentguy224 ยท 2017-09-06 22:41

Hello, I need to change the transaxle fluid on my 580SE hoe as it is dirty and there is severe brake chatter. My machine requires the case transaxle fluid, part no: B17632. I have heard of some guys flushing it with diesel or others put hyd. fluid in, run it a few minutes and then drain that. I'm Thinking that these options might not be the best for the brakes as they are in the same system. Draining it, putting in the case fluid, and then draining that again doesn't seem like the best option either as this stuff runs close to $200CAD a bucket around here. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2017-09-07 20:29

    About the best thing you can do is run the machine and get it up to operating temp. and then drain the oil while it's still warm. Then refill with the transaxle fluid.

  2. #2Equipmentguy2242017-09-09 16:47

    Yes, I'll definitely change it when warm. Anything else? Thanks!