Hello, ford 655d 2wd, extdahoe, cab, 4in1 bucket. Me and dad just picked it up today. Question: is it normal for the trans with shuttle shift to hum or whine a bit? I don't remember it doing it when we were testing it Out. We ran it for over an hour digging using the loader, I ran it threw all 4 gears forward and reverse. We get it home (6 hours away) and i take it out to run it and it whines as when you hit the throttle. Any thoughts? Chewy
Bump
I can only say that I have been blinded by love too.
Lol..... Yup happens to the best of us!!!
Our hydrostatic combine whines just like it, and it is par for the coarse. Just wondering if they are the same idea? Tell your story Deere John!!!!
Oh the list could be long if I thought about it. 1977 Chevette, 1984 Chev 1/2 ton plow truck, a Meyer snowplow, 1989 Case 580E, boats with axe holes through the seat, a Three-Jet three wheeler, a cube van with almost 800,000 km... The best blinded-by-love lesson was 3 years ago: a 1966 JD 450 bulldozer that had been used like a D8. Bearing spun in engine (I was told of this), rad reconstruction issues, multiple cracks in the frame, transmission cracked away from the bell housing, carrier roller missing (Duh, how did I miss these things!), a leaky fuel tank and wiring that didn't work at all. Anyway, that pig in a blanket is running again and is about to go out on a project: I'm sure disaster awaits. I'm better now ....
Wow, your love for toys is big!!!! So do you think this trans is on it's last leg or is this normal sound from a shuttle shift?
Start with the basics - cut the filter open if it has one and drain the oil. Look for burned oil, filings and chunks. If all looks good, refill and drive it some while keeping and eye on it. PS - my blindness list covered darn near 35 years.
Good idea, Ty