Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transmission Condition: Fail

SuperMIII · 2025-06-10 09:24

I have a Case Super M Series III and seem to have lost my transmission. While working this weekend I lost forward and reverse power and apparently my tranny fluid. I cannot see any bad hose or apparent location for the fluid loss on initial inspection. What is known: Transmission delinquent in fluid change, Stinks. Seemed to be somewhat milky as in possible water (didn't get a good look at the time) Tans was rebuild and probably has 200-400 hrs on it Have not yet removed filters looking for metal and debris

Replies8
  1. #1Eric a1cnc2025-06-11 13:21

    Is there a screen on the pickup? Just had problems with a shuttle I rebuilt. Turned out the pickup screen was plugged. After changing the fluid and cleaning the screen I am good to go

  2. #2SuperMIII2025-06-11 13:52

    I don't think I know how to access the pickup to check. Can that be accomplished with everything intact?

  3. #3Tinkerer2025-06-11 15:08

    Refill it and see if it will then work, and you my also see where the oil is going. Power-shift transmission.?

  4. #4SuperMIII2025-06-11 15:16

    Shuttle shift? Yes. I will do exactly that

  5. #5Eric a1cnc2025-06-11 16:53

    The pickup screen is inside the shuttle oil pan. You would need to drop the oil pan on the shuttle to see it. With possible water in there it would be a good idea to at least drain out what is in there before adding new fluid

  6. #6SuperMIII2025-06-11 17:20

    It may take me a week or so to get back to where the machine sits but will update as soon as possible. Appreciate the input. Sounds like there is a possibility that I'm not completely fried and going to need to fill it up and see what is going on in any case.

  7. #7Silverking2025-08-09 20:28

    Any updates? I’m having the same issue

  8. #8SuperMIII2025-08-10 13:32

    Sorry, locked myself out of my account for a bit. I had blown a hydraulic hose. It was on top of the transmission and ran up to the direction shift valve on the steering column. Must remove floor mat and access panel beneath and remove rubber curtain in engine bay at the firewall and breather assembly. Replaced inner filter screen and screw on filter and refilled with fluid. Everything is working fine.