Hi I have a cat D6M LGP with a problem. Vin: CAT00D6MK5NR00604 Model. Serial. Arrangement nr 3116. 1CK16476. 1264056 8CY02244. 1804716 When i start the machine all is perfect and No service codes showing. After i start to drive and push. And go a couple of times back and forward the "Transmission System" light starts to blink see photo. The only codes that also show the word serv Code are 113. And 0675.02 see photos of serv codes below. There where many more codes but none of them have the writing serv code in the screen. Only the codes above have that. No idea what this codes means. But something is not right since it never showed a code before. Machine still seems to work as normal. I hope someone here has a clue. Thanks a lot. Kind regards Kit.
Your Active Diagnostic Code 113 0675 02 refers to a problem with the #2 Intermediate Speed Sensor for the transmission. That's why it only shows up when the machine is moving. I suggest you read the "famous Click Box" (sticky) thread in the Shop Talk forum. It may explain a lot, including how to make one yourself. You really should get hold of a Click Box (borrow or make) so that you can erase all the Codes that are stored in the machine Monitor that are not Active. I'll PM you with info on how to troubleshoot your problem.
I know this is an old thread, and pardon my ignorance but I have to ask - how did you get the darn thing to show you what the service code is? This is my first tractor with this system and I am unfamiliar with it.
If you have an Operation and Maintenance Manual for your tractor it is covered in that document. If not you really need to get one for lots of reasons. Post a Serial Number to identify the correct manual for your particular tractor. When the tractor is operating, is the SERV CODE light on the RH side of the digital window illuminated.?
Apoloiges, didn't make the connection with another thread. Your S/N is 4JN00818. The O&M Manual is SEBU6888. You can get one from HERE . To access Diagnostic Codes first turn the key switch on and allow the dashboard to power up and do its self-test. The window in the display panel should display the hourglass symbol and the total machine hours. The window is set up to display hours, engine speed, Diagnostic Codes, & parking brake status. Press and hold the button (circled) to the right of the window for at least one second then release. The display should scroll from hourmeter to engine RPM to DCs to park brake and back to hourmeter each time you press/release the button. When you get to the Diagnostic Codes each one will display in two parts. The first part will be the Module reference (030, 036, 113, etc) The second part will be 4 digits for the Component reference and two for the Failure Code (e.g. 0675.02) Any Code where the SERV CODE icon lights up is currently Active. Such Codes have to be fixed first, turning them into Logged Codes, before they can be erased. Any where it doesn't are Logged and can be erased. Required reading should be the Click Box thread that you can find HERE . It explains the process in more detail.
I know this has been a while, but my button doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t scroll through any of the data except when you first turn the key on (I think). The button seems to be dead, but I haven’t had time to troubleshoot. I am occasionally getting a Serv Code on the transmission. Sometimes it shows up when the machine is in N and then disappears when I shift into gear. Other times it appears along with the alarm beep when I shift into N to try to change directions. When that happens it won’t shift into the opposite direction that I just came out of. If I was in R i can shift back to R and it worksbut it won’t go into F until I press and release the clutch/brake and then the alarm goes away and it shifts fine. Until it doesn’t. It’s very intermittent. On a sidebar- this is my first M series. What does the AUT button do? (The one above that circled button) The button will turn the light on but I don’t know what it’s supposed to be doing differently.
It sounds as though first & foremost you really need an Operation & Maintenance Manual. I linked above where you can get one for $43 + shipping. To help you in troubleshooting of the apprently non-functioning mode change button I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages. Meantime take a look at this LINK , especially Posts #50-52 on Page 3 where it shows a way to McGyver the functions of a Click Box basically using two pieces of wire. You can use this method to get your Monitor into Service Mode then scroll through the Diagnostic Codes. I would suggest to scroll through the list once and make a note of each Code that appears, along with a note regarding whether the Code is Active (SERV CODE light on) or not. Then go through the list again and erase everything that you can. If nothing is Active then you should be able to erase the whole list leaving the monitor screen just showing 3 horizontal dashes " --- ". Put the Monitor back into Operating Mode again and run the machine until it acts up the first time. At that point stop and look again at the list of Codes. The new list is everything that the machine has thrown up since you previously erased the Codes. That should give some direction to the diagnostics.
hi nige, Whats the chances of sending me a wiring schematic for a D6R 5Rr000717 if you have one available? I want to check so wiring on my tractor and reading this you seem like a legend around these. This tractor sat for a couple of years and now has no power to the dash/ key. A sparky ran a temporary wire to the back of the key switch and it now does what it should but i want to correct it. Cheers
Pas de problem as the French would say. Check your message inbox.