Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transporting a Cat Forklift

Rees · 2022-02-05 07:57

Hello I need to transport my Caterpillar NRDR30 forklift to another location. The mast is 12’3” so the machine needs to be laid down I’m assuming. Does anyone know which side these machines are laid on? Thanks for the help.

Replies8
  1. #11693TA2022-02-05 08:10

    I see those hauled on a low trailer often around here pulled by a pickup truck. Trailer is hydraulically lowered to the ground, lift is driven onto the platform and it's picked up.

  2. #2Flat Thunder Channel2022-02-05 08:50

    Low boy trailers should let you skate under the limit. The trailers he mentioned above are really cool. I just saw one the other day hauling a milling machine and a tall drill press.

  3. #3CM19952022-02-05 10:46

    Sunbelt or United Rentals should have an adjustable deck trailer you can move it with and stay under 13'. These trailers are small enough to pull behind a pickup.

  4. #4Delmer2022-02-05 13:44

    If you don't have a trailer short enough, and you're not going to get in trouble laying it on it's side, remove the battery and there's not much left of one of those. Set it on either side with the mast on some hay bales for cushion and it will be fine.

  5. #5Rees2022-02-06 16:38

    Thanks. I’ll look into renting a hydraulic trailer. Otherwise it’s getting tipped on its side again. Thanks for the help

  6. #6icestationzebra2022-02-06 20:37

    Wouldn't oil come out of the reservoir if it is tipped on it's side?

  7. #7Rees2022-02-13 10:12

    I believe they’re designed to be laid on its side. I’ve seen them palletized this way.

  8. #8icestationzebra2022-02-25 22:48

    Cool, learn something new every day.