have an ex120-1 my left travel pedal is very loose. I removed the pedals and pulled the plastic dust cover. there is a pin that goes through the aluminum housing (this is where it is worn, not sure if there is a bushing that is gone) the pin also goes through a rocker arm that pushes on spools for travel the pin then rests in a central hub. I would like to pull the pin out but I would have to disengage it from the rocker arm. Is the rocker arm fastened to the pin with a double split pin? Does not appear to be a set screw. If I can pull the pin out I will be able to see if there is a bushing that is gone or if the aluminum housing is worn. If the housing is worn I will have to pull the top of the valve off weld the housing and re drill the hole. Any insight would be help full before I get too far into this project.
Welcome to HEF steadyl . AVSpare shows 2 different part numbers 9071983 and 9059848 for the EX120 travel pilot valve. The top end seems to be the same components though. There are (4) bushings used (key #24B in screenshot below). https://avspare.com/catalog/hitachi/12h:ex120/e7a28b64-2f0f-484e-9e21-598c0756b112/ . .
thanks for replying Diesel Dave. the diagram is great spent a few hours looking for that drawing so thankyou. I went ahead and pulled it. The bushing that went into the aluminum housing slipped out put it back in from the rocker side now it can't slip out. to make things easy take the 2 hex bolts out first, pull the valve body up slip larger bolts into the two holes in the side of the valve body let the valve back down to rest on the opening in the floor boards. now take the 2 allen bolts out. If you do it reverse the valve body will drop out. also the larger split pin in the rocker can be pushed out in only one direction. Hope this helps someone in the future.