Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Disconnecting hour meter on John Deere 50g

Wbail · 2024-07-02 23:51

Hey, I was posting to see if anyone had any idea on how to disconnect the hour meter on a John Deere 50G excavator so it doesn’t track how many hours it is being used? If anyone knows how to do this and would like to explain, that would be great.

Replies14
  1. #1Gary Layton2024-07-03 00:05

    Sounds sketchy to me...help me understand why this would be done?

  2. #2Wbail2024-07-03 00:10

    For a rental, so it doesn’t show that I went above my hour limit

  3. #3.RC.2024-07-03 00:18

    It is **** easy. Do not turn the motor on and then the hour meter is not working. Kids these days, cannot work anything out for themselves.

  4. #4Wbail2024-07-03 00:19

    No, when I am using the excavator, I don’t want it to be tracking the hours that I am putting on it

  5. #5Shimmy12024-07-03 01:42

    Here's a thought. Grow up, be a man, pay what you owe.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-07-03 02:07

    Or buy a machine so you don't have to rent one. I've seen some bizarre posts but asking how to cheat someone, doing you a service, out of money?? This is right up there with the kid going into a building that clearly says no trespassing and asking how to get an "abandoned" IH 175 loader moving after it started right up. I think you came to the wrong forum. This forum requires make, model, serial number and name of the dealer or rental outfit you're dealing with to get the most accurate advice.

  7. #7ahart2024-07-03 04:43

    You definitely came to the wrong place. This is a community of the most outstanding folks the world has to offer, bar none. You will not be receiving any advice on how to cheat someone out of anything. Hopefully you feel enough shame for asking to do the right thing. We solve problems here that make the world a better place, not scumbag crap like this.

  8. #8DDoug2024-07-03 07:09

    You somehow think your going to pull something over on the rental place ?

  9. #9.RC.2024-07-03 07:14

    I would not get too upset, could very well just be a troll looking to rile people up with stupid questions. Remember this site was recently hit with a dos attack, someone with a grudge.

  10. #10Junkyard2024-07-03 10:45

    Dollars to donuts it’s got GPS on it recording hours etc anyway. What a “Richard” move to do in the first place. To ask how to cheat a man or company out of their hard earned $……

  11. #11Tyler d4c2024-07-03 11:26

    He's from baton Rouge let's call all the local rental places and tell them. But the lack of sense there is to go ask such a thing on a public forum!

  12. #12Tinkerer2024-07-03 11:56

    THIEFS SHOULD BE BANNED ON HEF !

  13. #1392U 34062024-07-03 12:16

    Hope they charge you a damage fee for tampering with the machine.

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-07-03 17:45

    I was hoping he'd tell the serial number of the machine and who he was renting from. It would be different if a rental shop was over charging but that's not the case.