Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trbo’s Gallery of stuff

EZ TRBO ยท 2008-01-08 17:49

Now that I finally read the post on the microsoft pic resizer I will start posting more pics of my equipment and things we have done. Might take a bit to orginize all the pics but will start with a few simple ones. Trbo Just a few different dozing pics.

Replies222
  1. #1Eric2008-01-08 20:38

    Sweet!! I'm still working on that whole resizing thing :Banghead :Banghead

  2. #2bobcat ron2008-01-08 20:46

    Nice little Dresser, I wish Komatsu still made them that small with outside blades.

  3. #3EZ TRBO2008-01-09 09:13

    Thanks, for what we did for earthmoving they were about a perfect size, somtimes a bigger one would be nice and other times a smaller one. However, we did have two of them both 15C's. Trbo

  4. #4EZ TRBO2008-01-10 11:41

    heres a few more, from some different projects. Trbo few excavator shots 1. some contaminated soil excavation. 2. Uncle Rog found the ditch a bit soft 3. Digging in a drain pipe on a small dam

  5. #5EZ TRBO2008-01-10 12:55

    Pics from a couple of years ago, took out an OLD OLD box culvert and installed this arch plate culvert with endwall. Took about 3 days from start to finish, tearing out old box culvert, install new one and add fill to the dirve way. AND almost 2 years to get the permit to do the project. Trbo

  6. #6bobcat ron2008-01-10 13:55

    That's one long and tall grade elevation stick that guy is holding, maybe the old expression "I wouldn't touch that job with a ten foot pole........." is suitable?!?!?

  7. #7EZ TRBO2008-01-10 15:48

    He was the engineer on the project, working for the gov't. We have delt with this guy for years, not too bad to work with but still very old fashion, always has an assistant(college student) with him anymore so thats alot of the reason he uses that. He is super fussy on his grades as well, but keeps stuff right. Trbo

  8. #8Construct'O2008-01-10 16:12

    Your work and mine is or was for you,about the same.Except i do the tiling ,trencher thing. I also use a 25 ft. fiberglass grade rod.So did you use a laser or just a level(transit). Spring and fall when crops are out, most all we get done is build eroision terraces.Great pictures thanks for sharing!:drinkup :usa

  9. #9EZ TRBO2008-01-10 16:46

    They were just using a transit, we still have one of them ourselves but have gone to lasers. Easier when you are the only one on a job site. We have worked with another contrator who is competition, but has a trencher and have done some tiling with him. Also have just used the excavator for tiling as well. thanks Trbo

  10. #10EZ TRBO2008-01-12 10:02

    Timber! silo Style Farm clean up, pics of taking down an old silo. I think my aunt was on the camera, pretty good shots. Trbo

  11. #11EZ TRBO2008-01-12 10:05

    Here is another one from a few years ago, barn demo. There were two old silo pads next to it as well. Had to drill and shoot them. Here is the barn going down. Trbo

  12. #12bobcat ron2008-01-12 11:30

    Wowzers, you took that barn down the fun way!

  13. #13EZ TRBO2008-01-12 19:43

    Yeah it was pretty fun, taking it down. Learned alot on the clean up as well. As my uncle and I worked side by side(blades touching) pushing debri into the hole we had dug. Always fun doing some demo. Trbo

  14. #14EZ TRBO2008-01-14 18:24

    Dam pipe assembly Few pics from some piping assembly in some of the dams the past few years. Trb These are all designed through the Soil Conservation Service(SCS projects).

  15. #15Eric2008-01-14 18:46

    Those are some great jobs. Looks like fun.

  16. #16iron kid2008-01-14 20:42

    taken down silos if u get i like u had it. u can take a 12 ga with slugs and chop it down. and u don't even have to be by it when it comes down. did u hurt any thing when the barn fell?

  17. #17nedly052008-01-15 05:20

    Nice pics Trbo! You guys had some really nice equipment, what pieces did you keep?

  18. #18EZ TRBO2008-01-15 08:38

    I'll use the dozer, last one I saw with a guy trying that he dam near shot himself 3 times with the slugs comming back, and he put 2 holes in a shed right next to the silo. Wasn't anything around the barn when it went down, so no harm no foul. Nedly, we still have one of our 15C's, which we get calls on everyday to sell. Also have our JD 860 scraper, which has the fly wheel striped right now, motor turns fine but from the TC back nothing. Beings dad rented our shop out this winter to the electric company I have no place to work on it so it will sit til summer. Trbo

  19. #19EZ TRBO2008-01-16 15:52

    Few older pics. Here are a few older pics I had scanned. 1. Dozer at Lake Joy(largest pond built by JCI) 2.Highland Wisconsin sewage lagoons 3. My uncle Ron and my grandpa with Joy on the pipe(1970) 4. My dad at 16 with my aunt on dozer with sheepsfoot. 5. My uncle Harv lil bit stuck(1971) Enjoy Trbo

  20. #20Eric2008-01-16 16:51

    Man those are great, heck of a family history.

  21. #21EZ TRBO2008-01-17 21:04

    Thanks, 60 years in the biz. I'm a 3rd generation operator. Heres a few more for ya. Trbo 1. old "cat" and truck 2. Core trench at lake joy(1970) 3. pipe install(same project as pic 1) 4.Riser at Lake Joy(1970)

  22. #22Steve Frazier2008-01-17 21:16

    I guess "Cat" is even more a generic term than even I thought! :wink2

  23. #23EZ TRBO2008-01-17 21:24

    Lol, didn't even think about it when I typed it in. My grandpa and uncle have called the dozers the "Cats" as long as I can remember(wow, I have been around them alot.) We have never actually owned any CAT dozers, just rented a few, and have had the CAT excavators. Trbo

  24. #24EZ TRBO2008-01-18 17:51

    Few newer pics, from a dairy project a few years ago(actually a 3 year process). I had posted some of these before, but some on photobucket, etc. Easier to see them here. Trbo

  25. #25EZ TRBO2008-01-18 17:58

    Few more, same farm. Trbo

  26. #26bobcat ron2008-01-18 19:37

    Heeeeeeyyyyyyy, is that manure you're playing in?!?!?!

  27. #27EZ TRBO2008-01-18 22:38

    Kinda, that is a 5 millon gallon lagoon. After pumping all the luquid out, this is what remained, 7 years worth of sawdust bedding. They had not been able to pump enough of it out and with the entirely new manure system, and going to sand bedding it was to be removed. Only took about a week, 12 hour days(in late November) with about 9 tractor/slurry spreaders, the 312 CAT, a New Holland Bi-Directional loader tractor and bobcat 873 with tracks. Trbo

  28. #28bobcat ron2008-01-18 22:58

    I am amazed that you're actually sitting on top of it, out here we use long booms to do that clean out work. I'll bet the weeds grew REALLY well on your machine after!

  29. #29EZ TRBO2008-01-19 11:57

    We did use a long reach on the upper lagoon last fall. Its smaller and they had a lil trouble when they first started there sand system so it had a lot of sand in the "upper" lagoon. The lower one, or the first lagoon, is over 200 feet wide on the bottom, this was the most efficent way to go about it. The saw dust was actually dewatered good and was very light and fluffy. We could really heap the big spreaders. Trbo

  30. #30EZ TRBO2008-01-20 11:55

    new pickup, personal use Found a nice GMC the other day and after finding a buyer for my '98 Chevy(my cousin bought it back from me) I picked this up at the dealer, right next to my house. Got a few lil things to add to it but otherwise it fits me perfect. Trbo

  31. #31tonka2008-01-20 12:22

    Nice truck bud, I'm in the market for a new truck myself. A chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4 door would be nice.

  32. #32EZ TRBO2008-01-20 12:35

    Thats bout what I am planning on getting for a work truck. I was told last fall that if my own S-10 died to not worry bout getting another one cause I would be provided with a suitable work truck. Thinking on the same lines as yourself, short bed if they don't want to put a fuel tank in it, otherwise I'll want the long bed. I was thinking bout telling them that if they paid the fuel and such I would use our dodge that we stil have from the family biz. Its all set up and although I'm a GM guy I love driving that truck. Trbo here is bout the only good pic i can find on the computer of my other work truck.

  33. #33EZ TRBO2008-01-28 10:09

    Cheese factory demo Few more demo pics, old cheese factory(in wisconsin, no lol). This part of the building was tore down, turned into a parking lot. The new half was kept, and is now the back half of the new firehouse. Its used as a workout/entertainment room, conferance room, and wash bay. Trucks are stored in the front, Morton Building. Trbo

  34. #34Lashlander2008-01-28 11:14

    Where you Packer fans gonna get one of them hats now! Nice pics though.

  35. #35EZ TRBO2008-01-29 08:35

    Which hats? The ones that were all made up saying NFC champions? Very disapointed game, but a great season overall, who would have thought we would even get a chance at the Super Bowl, let alone host two playoff games. Trbo

  36. #36Lashlander2008-01-29 10:33

    You know , I've never been a big Packer fan. However, I did think it was cool the way they turned it around this year. You gotta love the way Farve went for it this year. I was bummed when the Giants won that game! I'm a bronco fan so I had a little spare time this year. LOL

  37. #37EZ TRBO2008-01-29 13:12

    Played very well, still have a lot to learn. Somtimes loosing the big games will help a team, mostly a young team like the packers(with the execption of #4). I'll cheer for the Giants come this sunday, anyone but the cheating no good PATs, good enough to win alone, but they cheat. Anyhow, even being a Denver fan you have to agree that OT with the pack was amazing to watch. Trbo

  38. #38Colin Doy2008-01-29 14:13

    Its starting to feel like we are living at the center of the universe here in the valley of the sun. We could have rented our house out this weekend for $10,000 wife said no she didn't want a bunch of drunks wrecking the place........so it'll be just me getting drunk and wrecking the place:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup Sorry, a bit off thread

  39. #39CascadeScaper2008-01-29 19:59

    Nice lookin GMC, I had a 2000 2500HD when I was in high school with the 6.0 Vortec. Sold it to my dad who has kind of let that truck go, I had it for 30K miles and never had any problems with it. I'm looking for a new truck, I know I should buy a Toyota for better mileage, but I really want a Duramax or maybe an older Dodge so I can throw on a huge turbo, new injectors, all the goodies. My buddy's work truck is a '95 Dodge that is pushing 450+ horses, not a whole lot compared to what can be done, but it sounds ridiculously awesome with 5" exhaust.

  40. #40EZ TRBO2008-01-29 22:49

    Thanks CS, My family biz truck was a '99 Dodge 2500 V10, great truck, actually the first brand new truck we had ever bought. We still have it, 170,000 miles on it and running great, loves gas though,lol. I had a 98 2500 HD Chevy, love that truck, but had bought it with the idea of putting a tool box and fuel tank in, then dad went to the Highway dept, so I got the dodge. The GMC was purchased becuase the better half and I didn't have any really nice travel vechile, and couldnt take anyone with us. Besides, I still have my 88 4x4 S-10, and the dodge at my use anytime I need it, and am supposed to be getting a work truck from the company. I love the big pipes, tires, and such but I am way too tight to spend my money on that stuff. lol did you ever see a switzer spend a lot of their money. Trbo

  41. #41EZ TRBO2008-01-31 14:27

    Few pics from one of our small pits, taking "wall rock" off the top of sandstone. Very hard layers, but nice rock. Had to shoot the last layer, but it didn't break up the way they had hoped. More back further up the hill, but a ton of overburden to deal with as well. Trbo For those of you who notice, I am sitting "over" the drives, I dug from behind me and spun around to lay it down so the skid loader could pick it up easier. Just figured I better make that clear.

  42. #42jazak2008-02-01 17:49

    Nice rock, wish there was some that nice by me........

  43. #43EZ TRBO2008-02-01 18:18

    It is nice rock, but the $$$ and time to get to it now is way more than its worth. Top few layers were just as you see, loose "cut" rock, the next layer down, the salesman(guy marketing the rock), said it was the same thing. I looked at it and told him no, its more of a soild layer and you could see horizontal cracks in it not vertical. He insisted it was, so with my bosses permission I pulled and move and did all i could, but no rock. So he talked the main bosses into drilling and "popping" it loose. It would work, as it was more of a soild layer(see above note from me). We pulled out of there and I am not sure what we are going to do there in the future. Trbo

  44. #44EZ TRBO2008-02-14 22:35

    Not earthmoving, but kinda neat. Here is a few pics of my RED HOT Arctic Cat T660 Turbo ST snowmobile. Had a milk truck start on fire last wednesday in my uncles shop(where my snowmobile and 2 others were). 3 sleds, 1 pickup truck, and the milk truck and all the tools and such are pretty much a total loss. Some things that didn't look that bad were a mess, already replaced the large air compressor we thought was ok. Never trust anything after it goes through a fire. Trbo

  45. #45637slayer2008-02-14 23:08

    sorry about your loss. that really sux

  46. #46Lashlander2008-02-15 01:08

    Bummer, We had a shop fire on the ranch when I grew up. It burnt to the ground. Lost everything in it including my motorcycle.

  47. #47EZ TRBO2008-02-15 09:02

    My insurance company more than made me happy, cutting me a check for about $500 more than what blue book is on the sled. Plus they are going to go after my uncles insurance for the decutable. I am making out very well on this, as I got a heck of a deal when I bought the seld. My cousin's pickup has been settled as well, he is very happy with what he got, no way could he have sold it for what they gave him. So all and all so far things are going ok. Trbo

  48. #48EZ TRBO2008-02-21 22:32

    Well money must have really been burning(no pun intended) a hole in my pocket, I just picked up my new sled last weekend. Haven't had much time to ride, as we got nailed with another huge storm and have been plowing snow nonstop. Heres a pic of the new sled. Trbo God I can't wait to get back to moving dirt again.

  49. #4912 Wyoming2008-02-24 13:34

    Nice Sled! I need to get me one. Did you by it new? It looks new.

  50. #50EZ TRBO2008-02-24 17:19

    Its a brand new 2006 F6 EFI. It was a dealer left over sled that I picked up, nice price on it, brand new, full warrenty, etc. I've only got 30 miles on it right now as I have been plowing snow instead of riding in it. Trbo

  51. #51N.CarolinaDozer2008-02-24 21:02

    Nice pics TRBO!:drinkup

  52. #52EZ TRBO2008-02-25 08:26

    Thanks NCD, I really can't wait however to start posting dirt moving pics again. I do have some snow plowing pics I might post, seems thats all we have right now, snow, snow and more snow. Trbo ? for you, Was it raining in Rockingham on sunday?(might have been able to race there)

  53. #53N.CarolinaDozer2008-02-25 21:06

    Not sure I'm about three hours away, but it was overcast and drizzeled on and off sunday.

  54. #54EZ TRBO2008-03-06 10:06

    Thinking of summer Beings I am looking forward to summer and alot of you guys like fire dept stuff figured I would post some waterfight photos from last summer. Enjoy Trbo Waterball tourney. Best out of 3, double elimination. I fought with a friend of mine from another town and one of the guys on my dept. Joe(friend) and I made it to the Championship Round and got beat 2 to 1. Keith and I made it just about to the Championship Round and finally got beat, by the team that ended up beating Joe and I. The better half tallied I had fought over 60 fights that day, I was beat(not to mention being on the river cleaning for canoe races the day(and weeks) before, and 2 fire calls on saturday night/sunday morning, then up and back on the river at 4:30 am before the canoes came down. I was tired, lol.

  55. #55EZ TRBO2008-03-06 10:20

    Few more, nother fight last summer. Trbo

  56. #56EZ TRBO2008-04-02 22:08

    Finally back to work After a LONG winter, of plowing snow and snow and some snowmobiling, two snowmobiles and being off work, I am back at it. So heres a few pics from some of the quarry stuff and my own equipment, etc. Trbo 1. Own truck and skid loader at shop. 2.Moving the dozer(looks just like the one I grew up on in the fam biz, huh). 3.JCB loader @ quarry 4. Dresser 530 @ quarry 5. 921 Case feeder loader

  57. #57nedly052008-04-03 05:27

    You lucky devil, we still have a foot of ice and snow on our piles, the frost is going out though, everything is mud

  58. #58EZ TRBO2008-04-03 07:56

    With all the snow we had this winter there isn't much frost in the ground, so most of the snow has melted away, but the rivers all around are very high. It still to wet to get on top to remove the overburden, but we have some other things to be done as well. The one crushing crew cleaned up a shot from last winter, and fought it the entire way, very wet. Spring has come, but there are still many HUGE snow piles and ditches full of snow yet and everywhere else is either very wet, or under water(so VERY wet). Trbo

  59. #59EZ TRBO2008-04-15 22:40

    Back to some pics. First up, fire clean up at my cousin's place(remember the snowmobile pics). Plan is right now to get all the tin off, and 2x4's and reuse the post and make this building into storage and a place for us to work on our trucks, snowmobiles, fourwheels, etc. Trbo Fire clean up and few of my trucks.

  60. #60EZ TRBO2008-04-15 22:47

    Finally back to moving dirt Finally last week we were able to start stripping dirt off the first of many quarries this year. Although rain shut us down for half of the week it was still nice to get back in the dirt. Weather is looking good here for the first part of the week. We finished the majority of the dirt removale today, still have to scrape down and touch up the berms and such. We are also building a new road into the quarry, well following one over 100 years old(old railroad bed). Trbo

  61. #61Highwood52008-04-19 01:35

    Nice pics there TRBO. Wanted to ask ya how did you like that little 312?

  62. #62EZ TRBO2008-04-19 09:07

    The 312, which was bought new in '96, was a very good machine for us. For the type of digging we did, culverts, tile lines, footings, water and sewer, it was a nice size. Also helped that it fit on our trailer. Kinda of one of them things, its what you had, so you made do. There were times that a larger one would have been much nicer(loading trucks all day or mass digging). We had about 6700 hours on it when we sold it(actually to the company I work for now). It still runs great and is primarly used at the quarry for moving stuff around, moving boulders, and I belive a hammer is in the works for it. In the 10 years or so we owned it we replaced, head gasket, front seal, water pump, re-sealed and packed all the cylinders, and put new seals in the swing. Considering the type of work we did with it, lots of digging, lots of rock(both solid and rip rap) and a number of demolition projects, it held up extremly well. Trbo

  63. #63stretch2008-04-19 09:30

    Great pics once again! What Volvo model trucks are you loading? Is that the TD-15 in the second pic?

  64. #64EZ TRBO2008-04-19 10:35

    We own one its a 25C, nice truck gets around our quarries very well, could be a bit bigger though. The other is a 40D, its a rental, not a bad machine but if we are going to buy a second truck I think a 30 or even a 35(if we get a bigger excavator) would be about right. In the second pic the closest dozer is a D6R XL, guy that is really good friends with the quarry owner is helping us, the 15C is in the back(dads old dozer). Trbo

  65. #65637slayer2008-04-19 10:44

    great pics, glad to hear your back in the dirt tis the season :drinkup, that must have been you by the good lookin gal?

  66. #66EZ TRBO2008-04-19 11:41

    Thanks, glad u like. Its so nice to be back to work, one project just about done, got a culvert to stick in and some touch up on the roads, then on to the next project. Yes thats me next to the lil blonde, less than a month til that blonde becomes Mrs. Trbo. Trbo

  67. #67Highwood52008-04-19 12:40

    Congradulations! Thanks for the info on the 312, we might be looking for one that size because of the wieght range it fits on a tandem tag trailer, but its big enough to do some water & sewer work.

  68. #68637slayer2008-04-20 01:25

    wow back in the dirt and getting married :drinkup if this aint livin let me out, congrats.

  69. #69EZ TRBO2008-04-20 09:36

    Thanks all, the date is May 17th. and we both can't wait until May 18th, lol. Should be a fun day, but just TONS of stuff to do, even yet. Hopefully the weather is nice, but if not we have a awesome building to have the party in. Got the food and beer lined up and the dj, as well as all the other things, but thats what you need, FOOD, BEER and DJ(not always in that order). As far as the dirt moving, going good so far. Bout finished up on project number one for the year, and off to the next one(bout the middle of the week). Trbo

  70. #70EZ TRBO2008-04-20 20:21

    Just a few pics from last week. Here is a few pics from the road we are working on. Just a new access into the quarry, so we don't have to change the road each time we strip. Should work out nicer as well, as its flat. Trbo

  71. #71nedly052008-04-21 05:38

    Boy aint that the truth we are getting married on July 12th, so much to do, so many people...Looking forward to being married but also looking forward till life is back to normal after the wedding!

  72. #72bear2008-04-21 05:59

    Unfortunately it never goes back to normal. Welcome to the land of the partially housebroken!

  73. #73Turbo218352008-04-21 08:53

    My thoughts exactly :drinkup Got married last June, thought things would get back to normal after that, HA was I mistaken. Now im off to the other side of the country, the wife doesnt much like the idea of that. Gotta do what you gotta do to keep the house though.

  74. #74EZ TRBO2008-04-21 19:12

    Well, I can' say I know how it is, cause I aint never been married. BUT, if it helps at all, we have lived together for almost 3 years, paying for everything together(well more so me, but shes been in school, so I have no problems with that). Both of us are ready for the big day to be done, and go back to doing what we do. Not to say it shouldn't be a fun day. Trbo

  75. #75alco2008-04-21 23:05

    That's too funny, I'm getting married July 12th too. Brian

  76. #76nedly052008-04-22 05:13

    Congrats!!:drinkup

  77. #77EZ TRBO2008-04-22 07:00

    Congrats to you Alco :drinkup, and to you as well Nedly :drinkup. Trbo

  78. #78stretch2008-04-22 15:21

    Thanks for the pics. And congrats to all the guys out there :drinkup

  79. #79EZ TRBO2008-04-27 11:21

    Fishing???? Each year the river comes up usually a few times, but this has been the highest we have had since 2000. I had to go out for the township to close down a few roads, due to the river covering the roadways. Trbo 1. main bridge in town, if this gets shut down its either by boat or bout 20 miles around to get on the other side. 2. Just comming off the bridge, water was bout 8 inches deep in the middle. 3.One of the township roads, had to move the barricades back twice(bout 8 miles to get around). 4.The race track at the fairgrounds. 5.Water behind our shop.

  80. #80EZ TRBO2008-05-07 22:48

    Been going non stop the past few weeks, with the wedding less than 2 weeks away and work being busy(keep adding quarries to strip for me) I havn't had time to post any pics. Here are a few from the last two quarries. Trbo

  81. #81EZ TRBO2008-05-07 22:53

    Quarry we are re opening after it hasn't been touched in about 10 or 12 years. Lots of old waste piles in the pit, as well as all sorts of critters. Clearing trees, building a haul road and still haven't started on actually stirpping back the quarry top. Trbo

  82. #82Wolf2008-05-08 00:59

    Critters What kind of critters are you finding in the old quarry? Anything interesting? By the way, you haven't answered my email/PM re excavators. . .

  83. #83EZ TRBO2008-05-08 06:37

    Squrriels, Rabbits, and some moles, gofers, and one Skunk. The last one is the only problem one, but didn't spay anyone or anything, but still stank till we got that pile cleaned up and hauled out. Trbo

  84. #84Lashlander2008-05-08 09:52

    Good pics. Do they shoot that quarry?

  85. #85EZ TRBO2008-05-08 18:28

    Yep, all the quarries we have get drilled and shot. Somtimes the top few feet might be a bit loose but still tight enough to hold a hole. We dont' do the drilling or the blasting our selves. Trbo

  86. #86iron kid2008-05-09 00:23

    What town do u live in?

  87. #87stretch2008-05-09 18:57

    How many quarries are you guys running? With all these pics of the different quarries sounds like you have quite a bit of work.

  88. #88EZ TRBO2008-05-09 19:14

    Right now, on the Wisconsin side of things we have approx. 20 quarries, with 2 different crushing crews. 3 out of the four quarries I have been in this spring I shouldn't have to go back to for quite some time, don't have a HUGE amount of material going out of them and we stripped back a long ways. I do know that of the 2 quarries the one crew is in that I will have to strip them before the crush again and one quarry they are in at least twice a year. Plus we have some other projects that I will tend to. Trbo

  89. #89stretch2008-05-09 19:23

    Hmmm...so the crushing crews go back and forth between quarries whenever they are stripped and blasted? No permanent operations?

  90. #90EZ TRBO2008-05-09 22:09

    Yep, usually try to strip for 100,000 ton, once that is about gone, come back and strip again. This way you don't open too much area up, as alot of the time there are farm fields we are taking away from. We have a total of 3 portable crushing spreads, one in Iowa and 2 in WI. 3 guys on the larger spread and 2 on the smaller, both making breaker rock, road gravel, clear stone, lime and chips, rip rap, etc. Our stripping equipment consist of an excavator, 2 haul trucks, and have 2 dozers although we usually only have one on site with us. Most of the time I run double duty between running the excavator and the dozer, so the old 15 goes with me over the D6H. Once and a while I get lucky enough to have 3 other guys with me. But for the most part me and 2 haul truck drivers. Trbo

  91. #91RollOver Pete2008-05-09 22:45

    Hey Trbo... The non stop thing sounds like what I've been doing. 12 hrs today and I still have to drive to Ontario to bring back our pump rig. Thats good for 4 more hrs. Ya know, not having the time to post pics can be a blessing in disguise.

  92. #92EZ TRBO2008-05-10 06:47

    Yes I hear ya. The other night had to mow the grass WELL after dark, but only other way I could have got it done was to have my grandpa or dad do it(grandpas retired and dad has fridays off as they are on 4 10 hour days). Didn't even take any pics yesterday, as I was a man short and trying to go between excavator and dozer and still keep dirt moving. Yes busy is a good thing. Trbo

  93. #93EZ TRBO2008-05-13 19:11

    not quite ROP's truck but it gets the job done. Was doing some service on my pickup the other day and thought I would see if I could give Pete a run for his money(no chance). but here is the ol work truck. Trbo

  94. #94EZ TRBO2008-05-21 23:44

    Few pics of the latest project. Operation Sand. Working on getting some sandstone uncovered. Lots of overburden to remove, but so far so good. Moving along quite nice. Trbo

  95. #95EZ TRBO2008-05-26 09:57

    Little bit further on the sand Last week, things got back to normal after the wedding and was able to make some good headway on the sand. Opened up a nice large area. Of course, I had to move the excavator on friday to go load quarry strippings out of another quarry and will be doing the same on Tuesday. So maybe we will be finished by the end of the week. Trbo

  96. #96Lashlander2008-05-26 14:51

    Hey now! Your not ruining some really nice farm land are you?

  97. #97D5G2008-05-26 19:16

    what all iron do you have onsite?

  98. #98EZ TRBO2008-05-29 18:38

    No not really, the hill sid was just left as grass, too rocky so they didn't farm it. Trying to keep everything as low key, low impact as possible. So far so good. Trbo

  99. #99EZ TRBO2008-05-29 18:43

    PC 220LC-6 excavator D6H CAT dozer Two Volvo Haul trucks Somtimes I have 3 other guys with me, somtimes(most of the time only 2 others) and like today just me and one other guy. But we make do. Trbo

  100. #100D5G2008-05-29 19:13

    man that iron looks like its in great shape...also looks like you guys are very productive. keep the pics commin.

  101. #101EZ TRBO2008-05-31 22:26

    The 220 has 5641 hours on it as of friday, not too bad but I have seen the entire service list from the day they bought it and have spent A pile of money on the machine. I belive the entire house was even lifted off one time. Not sure if it was operator error or what but it has a pretty thick file. Since I have been running it(knock on wood) I have not had many problems with it. The D6H, isn't a bad dozer after going down off the top of a quarry, is a pretty tight machine but I will take my ol 15C Dresser over it any day. The haul trucks are what they are, not bad but I am glad I don't have to run one all the time. As far as production goes, its like anything, somedays you move a pile of dirt and really feel like you got somthing done and the next seems you work your butt off all day and never gain a yard. I guess we are doing pretty good for this year in two months we have stripped 3 quarries and now this sand pit(which has had the most dirt to move). I know I am behind on my reports for the pits but as soon as I finish up one place I get orders to another. Trbo

  102. #102EZ TRBO2008-05-31 22:33

    Weekend project Over the years of being in the biz we have aquired a number of I beams, H beams(and no a H beam is not an I beam on its side) and other manners of steel. With not being in business anymore we are trying to get stuff cleaned up and that was todays project with dad, get our steel pulled out from the weeds to see what all is there so we can get it sold. Trbo

  103. #103EZ TRBO2008-05-31 22:38

    Few more pics of the clean up project. Trbo

  104. #104Dirtman20072008-05-31 22:49

    You've got right much money lying around there just in scrap. How much is scrap prices a ton now? Last month I think they were near $280+ a ton here... If I remember correctly

  105. #105EZ TRBO2008-06-01 09:12

    I belive dad was quoted right around $275 a ton, for them to come and pick it up. Bout $50 a ton more than the scrap yard near us would pay if we hauled it. Would be nice if they were their yesterday as we moved it out of the weeds, so we wouldn't have to handle it twice but either way don't have much involved in moving it and some of it was from building demos so basically got paid to remove it and still have it so get paid to scrap it as well. Trainwreck would have to answer this one but years ago when they last paved Main Street in town they hauled all of the concrete and fill out to our shop, which we burried and leveled off. Among the fill and concrete was rail road track(the rail shut down in 84 and this was the first time the street had been tore up since). The city brought all of the old tracks out as well and told us to get rid of them, well we cut them up and sold em for scrap. VERY GOOD MONEY for that. So what is so special about rail track? I do know that we had to cut the outer part with the torch, let it cool then just come up and smack it with a sledge hammer to break it off. Trbo

  106. #106Turbo218352008-06-01 11:39

    Thats low, right now we are getting $420 a ton for 2ftx5ft iron. Selling to a scrap yard. If we could cut more than we are, and ship it directly to a foundry, we could be getting something around the high 600s a ton. Key to selling iron is having it downsized. Right now with iron prices so high ive found yards are paying a premium for short iron, that way they dont have to cut it. As for your rail Trbo, its worth more. Its high tensile steel. So its prized by foundries, they dont have to add much to make it good quality iron

  107. #107Dirtman20072008-06-01 12:31

    As I said I unsure about the price it was today, Don't take much to the scrap yard so It's hard to keep track of the price. But I do know I'm smiling like a little kid when I get to rip up some old copper water pipe out of the ground and keep it for myself!! I think copper is in the mid $3.50's a pound the last time I took some:drinkup I've never seen so many junk guys at the scrap yards before... they were starting to hand out #'s

  108. #108EZ TRBO2008-06-04 22:32

    This week has been a TOTAL whirlwind of activity for me, both at work and home. Started out monday by moving the excavator to one of our concrete plants to clean out a wash out pit they have. Got that mostly done(couldn't stack stuff any higher and it was almost into the clean sand). From there I moved that afternoon out to the rock quarry about 4 miles from that plant. Had to pull back some dirt that was too close to the face. So on Tuesday morning I got there, seen that the blasters were there loading holes and our crushing crew was working at breaking down some of the equipment to move so they could put the shot off. Then to top it all off MSHA showed up for a quarry inspection, went pretty smooth as it usually does. Came up talked ot me for a few mins, checked my back up alarm and my horn and made sure I was up to date on training. About 20 mins after that, my boss called me and said I either needed to move my machine down to help the other quarry crew or get the excavator with the hammer from the crew I was with and bring it down(about 60 miles away). So I loaded up my machine, after only about 30 scoops of dirt and headed down to bust up boulders and a hard leadge that didn't get busted up during the shot. Was there until today when I was called yet again and told that as soon as I could I needed to get loaded and head to yet another quarry to strip(by Monday). Well my first comment was there is enough area stripped there to last us 30 years(road crew needed fill for a highway project and took a TON of stuff). But then found out we are not going back this shot but widening a spot that wasnt stripped as well as working on some water drainage issues. Moved the excavator and both dozers up(the D6 and the TD-15C). All sorts of things to do right now and it just seems like everything gets put ahead of everything else. Trbo Oh yeah, I did take some pics of the views from this week so far.

  109. #109EZ TRBO2008-06-04 22:35

    Few more shots, the last one is a D7 that is at the owners of one of the quarries. He is an equipment dealer as well as an auctioner, mosty equipment and such. It was on the lot so thought I would take a shot of it. Trbo

  110. #110EZ TRBO2008-06-11 19:41

    End of last week and Monday and Tuesday of this week consist of some stripping and muck clean up at a quarry. Had both dozers pushing washed in muck out of the bottom of the quarry to find out the water is comming right out of the rock. I think we have it channeld to one area and the rest should be good to go. Had a number of other drainage issues we were going to work on but got called out to one of our quarries in Iowa, so this morning loaded up the machines and moved out to Cascade Iowa, for a few days of settling pond clean up and some water issues there as well. Trbo 1. my excavator with the pile of rocky muck behind me. 2.battle of the blades, the D6 and the 15C 3.Water running out of the quarry floor. 4.Sloppy muck. 5.Pushing muck down the ditch

  111. #111EZ TRBO2008-06-13 23:02

    As everyone knows Iowa and Wisconsin have been getting Nailed with rain and storms. I was sent out to our quarry in Cascade Iowa to dig out wash out ponds so they could wash another batch of concrete rock. Moved out on Wednesday and got a good chunk done Wednesday afternoon, lot of the drier stuff. Got there on Friday morning just bout the time it started to rain. Lighting was wicked as well so we chose to wait it out a bit. It was pouring really hard and the loader operator said within an hour it would be over the bridge that links the wash pad to the quarry. Sure enough soon we couldn't get into the quarry so called it quits for the day, I went back to Wi and worked on some other projects. About 6 pm that night I get a call from the quarry foreman asking where my key is to my excavator. I asked what for and he said cause right now I can't see the tracks on it. HOLY SHOOT!!! I thought we were high enough, guess not. The water was totally over the entire wash site and about 4 feet deep. They got the Ex out ok but the 8" pump down by the wash pits was another story, got the pump and engine out but the trailer we think is in the wash pit. Loader got stuck while getting it and they used the haul truck to pull it out. Totally washed out the road way going to the bridge and spent many hours this morning just rebuilding the road way. What a mess. Trbo 1. 8" pump pumping out wash pond, that pump was in about 4 feet of water on Thursday night. 2.River well out of its banks yet on Friday morning, but no where near where it was on Thursday night. 3.Rebuilding a roadway. 4.Water running off the second level of the quarry on Thursday. 5.Roadway pic again.

  112. #112EZ TRBO2008-06-13 23:08

    Few more pics from up on the top levels of the quarry. Sun was shinning but it was VERY muddy yet up on the access road in. But I had to get a path smoothed up so the drill could get in and start drilling. Trbo

  113. #113Dirtman20072008-06-13 23:22

    sounds like an interesting night! Wish we could get some of that rain. about 150 miles away we have a 40,000 acre wildfire that is really smoking up my area. good news is the winds should start blowing the smoke out to sea over the weekend. nice work!

  114. #114EZ TRBO2008-06-14 10:07

    Yeah, between town being flooded as well as about every town that we have plants in in Iowa were having problems as well, it has been a stressful few weeks. We will gladly send you any and all rain for a while, as even the last bit of rain we had isn't doing ANY good, just runs off. 40K wildfire is huge. Where bouts is that located? Hopefully the weather can make up its mind as to what needs to be done in the country and start putting the wet stuff in the dry areas and some sun on the wet spots(GOOD LUCK WITH THAT DREAM). Trbo

  115. #115Dirtman20072008-06-14 22:05

    Yep 40,000 (60 sq. miles!) acres has already been burnt, firefighters say it could burn up to 3 more months if we don't get any significant rains. We set a record thursday for the worst air quality ever in raleigh! here is an areal view

  116. #116EZ TRBO2008-06-24 22:40

    Last week was again another hetic week, day at home in WI. Few days in Iowa then back to Wi to finish out the week. Didn't take time to take many pics last week, maybe a low for the season so far. I did take a few pics of the guys setting up the wash plant and our new heavy duty service truck. Trbo 1. wash out pit that was empty prior to the flooding. 2.working on the wash plant. 3.setting the stacker into place with the 988F 4.carrying a new screw in with the 988F. 5.New Service truck

  117. #117D5G2008-06-25 15:51

    thats a nice new truck! Is it an '08?

  118. #118EZ TRBO2008-06-26 18:03

    Yes its a brand new '08 Kenworth. Very nice rig and will fit well into our operation. Trbo

  119. #119joe9012008-06-28 00:45

    These are all designed through the Soil Conservation Service(SCS projects). Please excuse my ignorance, but in a couple of your pictures of the piping on dam jobs they showed collars being fitted to the pipes. Are these anti seepage collars ?

  120. #120EZ TRBO2008-07-11 06:36

    Sorry for taking so long, its been almost 2 weeks since i've last been on. Just got moved into our house and been busy as can be at work and working on the house as well. The collars you are asking about are just what you think, anti seep collars. They get tar around them to aide in sealing them. Can be a messy job, but one that is required. I'll get some more pics of the last few weeks on when I get some more time. Trbo

  121. #121EZ TRBO2008-07-13 14:40

    Pictures once again!!! I know its been a while, and I'm sure some of you thought I just fell of the side of the earth but I'm here and just been super busy. Here are some pics from the past few weeks. Trbo 1. Dozer at the top of the hill, after clearing out timber for fence line. 2.View from the bottom of the hill. 3. View from the dozer. 4.988G 5. The 988G using the boulder buster.

  122. #122EZ TRBO2008-07-13 14:48

    Few more pics from last week, spent a day busting boulders then out to the sand pit to help get ready to dredge sand. Trbo 1. Big Rocks 2. Small Rocks 3. The excavator with the breaker on, gets to be boring somedays. 4. My new to me work truck 5. Nother pic of the truck

  123. #123EZ TRBO2008-07-13 14:56

    Sand plant pics, had alot of flooding down there and everything is a mess and still have a few things to do before we can start dredging. Trbo All are pics of cleaning up around the sand pit. When we start dredging we will be sending sand 2400 feet through pipe and across the river to get to the wash plant.

  124. #124RollOver Pete2008-07-13 17:44

    Nice pics. Brother, I know all about that super busy feeling. And you know its bad when it takes away from your quality HEF time :thumbdown So please... join me in recovery. With the 12 step program and support from others like ourselves, we can and will get through this. :beerchug Now repeat after me: Hello, I'm (name goes here) And I'm a workaholic :waving

  125. #125EZ TRBO2008-07-13 18:19

    Thanks a bunch Pete, its nice to be busy and even with a slow ecconomy we as a company are doing alright I belive. The trucks are not that super busy(as compared to previous years) but the crushing crews, sand crew and myself have been all busy. And I have a number of projects up and comming so so far so good. Hello, I'm Jason And I'm a workaholic :waving :drinkup:drinkup

  126. #126EZ TRBO2008-07-20 09:30

    Last week was spent helping set up the wash plant and dredge for our sand crew. In total I belive there are about 25 semi trips to move everything down and 10 loads that come with the pick ups. At this particular plant we are moving the sand approx 2400 feet through and 8 inch pipe, with 1400 feet of pipe floating in the water. Spent about a day to assemble the dredge, another day to lay pipe and about 2 days to fully set up the wash plant. Thats with 4 guys working. Trbo 1. Crane, used to set the main section of the dredge off of the trailer and onto the ramp. 2.Wash out, this is where the booster pump will sit, after I get it cleaned up 3.ramp going down to the booster pad. 4.Crane over at the plant site, lifting the screen deck onto its perch. 5.The dredge full assembled and sitting on the ramp waiting to be pushed in the water

  127. #127EZ TRBO2008-07-20 09:38

    Few more pics, these from the wash plant. When they are washing sand it seperates the sand into 4 different products; concrete sand, mason sand, 1" rocks and 1" on up. Very nice set up, 2 guys to run it, one on the dredge and one at the plant. Set up and tear down of the plant is a tough job but you stay busy all day long and its interesting work. Trbo 1. Booster pump is in place and ready to run, the work barge is what we use to get from land to the dredge and to put the pipe together on the water. 2.The first section of the wash plant, the screen deck. 3.Screen deck, wash and mason screw. 4.Inside of the parts trailer, pretty much everything they need to make daily repairs and service on the plant.

  128. #128Bellboy2008-07-20 11:05

    Awesome!!!:cool2 I went driving round Gauteng and found an operation similar to yours. Slightly bigger, but not as cool.:notworthy:notworthy:woohoo

  129. #129EZ TRBO2008-07-26 08:51

    Thanks, it is really a nice operation and runs very well. The foreman has been "making" sand for over 35 years. The guy running the dredge has been at it for about 15 years. Once they get set up its just a matter of keeping things in line and make sure nothing breaks, etc. Trbo

  130. #130RocksnRoses2008-07-26 09:17

    I have been following your thread, Trbo, and it looks like your job would be really interesting. You travel around a lot preparing the various quarries and most of your work is in the "sticks" (country, some very nice looking country, too) which would certainly appeal to me. I would kill for some of your crushing equipment. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to more pics. Rn'R.

  131. #131EZ TRBO2008-07-26 09:44

    Thanks a bunch, I really do enjoy my job. Somewhat different from what I grew up in, family construction biz, but I get to do alot of the same types of things and still run equipment, help with the crushing/sand crews and anything else that is required. Just the other day I was running our 312, on rent to the hwy dept(dad asked my boss if I could come run it as their operator isn't very good), and early that afternoon I got done and went and had to spend the rest of the day running a WA500 loader, loading breaker rock and gravel for a large parking lot. Friday afternoon was spent working on a conveyor at another quarry. Always somthing different to do. Trbo

  132. #132Bellboy2008-07-27 04:13

    Fun! Don't you just love it?

  133. #133EZ TRBO2008-07-27 07:34

    Oh yes, really do enjoy my job and they keep me busy and paid so all is good.

  134. #134Bellboy2008-07-27 12:01

    If only I was legal.

  135. #135EZ TRBO2008-08-08 06:31

    Well as the entire summer has been, I've been on the go all week long and not much time when I get home to surf on the computer. Haven't really taken many pics either But here are some from the past few weeks. Trbo 1. Washed out driveway going to the top of the quarry. 2. Starting to bench some dirt. 3. Benched 4. The excavator 5. D6H after scraping off next area to be shot.

  136. #136EZ TRBO2008-08-14 22:29

    Well I do have a few pics from this week on the camera but dont' have it with me right now. Its been one of them weeks where I'm busy as can be but somtimes shake my head wondering WHY I am doing some things. Some of my task, such as the one pictured above, are not being done in the most efficient manner nor does it need to be done NOW. But I guess thats job security, but even if its not my own company I stil HATE doing things that could be done better. Just like today, spent all day on the WA500 moving gravel from one pile to another pile, that if someone would have thought for 5 seconds and said hey that will be covered by the next shot, lets move the conveyor down. Oh well, just do as I am told and get paid. Pics comming soon. Trbo

  137. #137EZ TRBO2008-08-20 21:39

    Finally, few more pics. Finally got a few mins at home to load some photos up, not really alot but some from the past week or so. Few days in the quarry, helping moving material, and tossing shot rock off a ledge. Moved to another sand pit and working on making that ready to dredge. Last two days have been stuck in a dump truck hauling gravel and such. Trbo 1. Some clean up on top of the quarry 2. My two machines for this job. 3. Moving rock drill from one quarry to another.

  138. #138EZ TRBO2008-08-20 21:45

    Moved to a "new" sand pit last week. Right along the river, its an old pit that was opened years ago by one of the companines that are now combined and they haven't been in it for years. Last time someone was in the river level was down and they took sand down below the normal water table, thus creating the lake where there needs to be sand. So been working on making an area somewhat level(I use that loosely as its a bear trying to keep everything nice and level when the sand flows like water) to be good enough to pile clean sand on top of it, and make everything ready to move the dredge in. Trbo Few before and after shots, as well as some scale prep.

  139. #139EZ TRBO2008-09-05 06:27

    Finally got back to getting the "new" sand pit ready for the sand crew to come in and start dredging. Got the pad poured, spot sloped off for the sand to be piled, scale blocked and few other odds and ends. Nothing fancy by any means but it doesn't need to be. Trbo 1. blocks are set around the scale, safety first. 2.Kinda roughed in. 3. The dredge landing. 4. Pad and everything cleaned up 5. my lil drainage ditch for the scale

  140. #140EZ TRBO2008-09-05 06:36

    Yesterday it finally rained some, thinking from Hurricane Gustav. Didn't matter as we needed some and it was a nice rain all day long. Spent all day on the dozer at one sand pit filling in a washout and made a driveway on top for the driller at one of our quarries. Made for a long day but nothing wrong with that either. Trbo 1. washout 2. filled

  141. #141Bellboy2008-09-05 10:18

    And that took you how long? Looks much better though.

  142. #142EZ TRBO2008-09-05 17:58

    Bout five hours or so, there was another one down further that I didn't take pics of. The hole was about 20 foot wide and back in about the length of two dozers, I could drive right in at the start and not touch sides. I know it doesn't look like a huge hole from the photos but it was. All the sand had to come from the bottom and be pushed and keeping the bottom fairly level so just was able to skim from all around. If I could have done it faster I would have. Trbo The "spent all day on the dozer" was not just on that spot but rather a number of different locations.

  143. #143Bellboy2008-09-06 01:02

    How have those hurricanes been doing? I hear reports on the news all the time about 'this one being downgraded to a category 3 storm', and 'that one having caused so much damage in Haiti', etc.

  144. #144EZ TRBO2008-09-06 06:59

    Honestly, you will have to ask the guys down south, I am in the far northern part of the usa. Just was saying the rain we got was generated from the hurricane. I do know that alot are without power but the damages are not as great as they thought they might be. Trbo

  145. #145EZ TRBO2008-09-24 22:14

    With fall fast approaching and winter to soon be here we have been going full out lately, trying to get started with fall stripping and keeping the quarries full of rock. The past few weeks has been MOVING, literitley. ALL 3 quarry crews have moved as well as the sand crew. I've aided in all of them as well as a number of other odds and end jobs. With the quarry crews its alot of traveling and a number of pieces to get re-located and help with set up. The sand crew is ALL of that and more, as a number of things have to be tore down, hauled and re-assembled(five semi loads alone for all the pieces of our dredge). Here are just a few pics I was able to take while with the sand crew last week. Trbo

  146. #146stretch2008-09-25 15:32

    Wow...seems like you guys move that sand operation every week! Still wishing you had something bigger than a 220?

  147. #147EZ TRBO2008-09-25 18:37

    Well I looked it was about a month or so ago when we last moved, the guys that run the plant are very effiecient and do a very good job. As far as the 220, the other day I was digging some footings for a scale at one of our quarries and was using the ol 312 CAT and it was perfect. The size of the machine can be too big or too small just by doing different task with it, for stripping and such that 220 is too small. Think we might try a few new machines out this fall, maybe I'll get on a few different brands and sizes. Trbo

  148. #148King of Obsolete2008-09-25 22:03

    very interesting set, cna we have more pictures of the dedge thing. we don't see many of them up here in the great white north for some reason. thansk KoO Published Author

  149. #149EZ TRBO2008-09-25 23:34

    I'll get you some good pics of the dredge, and maybe some while assembling or taking apart next time. lol can't get through the ice? Trbo

  150. #150EZ TRBO2008-10-09 18:44

    washouts from spring rains Due to all the rain this past spring a number of places were washed out. One of our quarries has about 200 acres of field land which we rent out and the terraces(which hadn't been maintained) plugged the drains and then washed out. Shortly they will be harvesting and alot of places where washed out deep so I had to go up and temporayily fill them in so they can get equipment through. Trbo

  151. #151EZ TRBO2008-10-09 18:52

    Few pics of moving some equpiment over the summer. Trbo

  152. #152EZ TRBO2008-10-10 06:31

    Finally we are kinda getting caught up on the rock in the quarries. Our one crew is now just gettting set up at the one quarry that we are going to crush and screen sand stone, mostly for bedding sand for farmers. Shot went off really good and this morning we are going to get the screens changed and be crushing by noon. Trbo 1. control view of the Volvo loader we are trying out, kinda odd using the joy stick steer while the steering wheel is in front of you. 2. Kevin leveling out some area for the loader to run. 3.Primary set in place 4. Shot sand 5. Little tight turn with the haul truck, so widen it out.

  153. #153RocksnRoses2008-10-10 07:12

    Interesting pics as usual, TRBO. What do the farmers use the bedding sand for, and what is that wet stuff on the windows and in the distance. It is as dry as a limeburner's boot here at the moment and some of the crops are just dying. The corn looks pretty good to me, but then they don't grow corn here, so I really wouldn't know if it was a good crop or not. I'll bet that Volvo is nice to operate. Rn'R.

  154. #154Bellboy2008-10-10 15:10

    Cool loader! I suppose it would kinda defeat the purpose of having a steering wheel when you got a lever, and visa versa. Any way, there is a fuel pellet factory near me, and they just bought a similar loader, only its got a huge ass bucket, big for its size anyway, and, well thats all that i know, but i will try to find out more. I think it is an L120, if that is correct, and it loads sawdust and chips into the hoppers, etc.

  155. #155EZ TRBO2008-10-12 09:05

    Alot of the farmers are now using a freestall type barn with a parlor for milking. The bedding in the barns is sandstone sand. Soft, cool and easy to clean out. It can raise hell on manure pumps and such but there are a number of different ways you can seperate it out. We have done one such project a few years ago. I'll maybe take a trip out there sometime and get an entire shot of the entire system. Corn isn't too bad but isn't that great either. A super wet spring followed by a dry dry summer has really put a damper on the crop but still doing ok. The Volvo is a very nice machine to operate, I've had some time with the joystick stearing and love it. The other thing I like when running loaders is a two short stick bucket and boom controls over the one joystick. At the end of the day your wrist is not sore. Trbo

  156. #156EZ TRBO2008-10-12 09:08

    I belive the idea with the joystick and the wheel is to allow the operator to choose which one he wants to run. Our one crushing foremen has never really been in one with joystick stearing and when he is really having to move material or get somthing done quick he just uses the steering wheel while using the stick when things slow down a bit until he gets the feel for it then will most likely use it all the time. Trbo

  157. #157EZ TRBO2008-10-21 22:29

    After finishing with the washouts I had to try to make an opening in the hillside timber to run a dragline hose up through so we could pump the settlings out of our wash pits. Too steep to take the dozer down so I got the top open and the bottom and we ran a rope down a deer path to pull the hose up through, saved us about 3/4 of a mile in hose. Trbo

  158. #158EZ TRBO2008-10-21 22:31

    Few more same job. Trbo

  159. #159EZ TRBO2008-10-21 22:45

    Well about a month ago we moved the sand plant and those guys just keep on making sand and filling places up so its time to move again. Its one of them things, takes about a week or so from the time they finish to the time they are back and dredging again. Aproximately 25 loads to move the entire plant, depending on where we are going and how much pipe or conveyors etc is needed. Trbo 1. The "ladder"(the actual dredge getting hauled out 2. Front pontons, cable super stucture, guide blocks and floating fuel vessel 3 load of float pipe

  160. #160nedly052008-10-22 05:26

    Cool pics trbo!! do you drive the tractor trailer?

  161. #161EZ TRBO2008-10-22 07:11

    Thanks, yes I was driving the tractor that I took the photo of hauling the pipe. We have 3 tractors for moving equipment and such on the WI side and 2 or 3 on the IA side. With quarry stripping I usually move equipment in, am the foreman while working then move it back out to the next job when finished. Always somthing for me to do. Trbo

  162. #162nedly052008-10-23 05:25

    :thumbsup

  163. #163EZ TRBO2008-10-23 21:39

    Weekend project, digging under the deck to make room to store firewood for the winter. Nice lil project, got the mini and the skid loader in there and bought a nice load of a friend that works for the rail road and finding gravel wasn't a problem. Used rebar to "tie" the ties to eachother and tiled and clean stone for back drainage with fabric on the dirt side and plastic on the tie side. Have it back filled but not finished as I have some other thing in the back to do so might as well finish it all at once. Trbo 1. lil rainy in the early morning hours when I started digging. 2.roughly dug out, Joe taking some measurements. 3.First tie set and stringing out the other leg. 4. digging the drain line for the tile. 5.My engineer and grunt(actually a guy that is awesome at all he does).

  164. #164EZ TRBO2008-10-23 21:50

    Few more to the almost finished product. Trbo 1. Joe, working harder than he EVER does at work(hwy dept employee). 2.Fabric up, plastic up, and just installing a brace on the wall. 3.clean stone in halfway up. 4. Kinda an overview. 5. Wall finished, all is left to do is out side stuff and some material on the inside.

  165. #165D5G2008-10-25 23:27

    very nice trbo! looks like some weekend fun...

  166. #166EZ TRBO2008-11-19 06:42

    Haven't had time to post anything lately, nor have i really taken a TON of pics but here are a few from the past few weeks. Enjoy Trbo 1. The TD-15C, we take this on almost every stripping project. 2. Let the boss man run my excavator for a few hours one afternoon so i bounce around in the haul truck. 3. Kelly comming back with the Volvo 40D. 4. Lil bit of grubbing work, and its SNOWING. 5. Pushing up a brush pile.

  167. #167EZ TRBO2008-11-19 06:50

    Few more pics from quarry moving to blasting and someone a bit stuck(not me), and a lil wash out pond clean up. Trbo 1. One crushing crew is done and moving to another quarry. 2. New shot at one quarry. 3. Found the only pile of dirt and HAD to drive over it. 4. Getting started on the washout pit. 5. More digging to go.

  168. #168King of Obsolete2008-11-19 21:29

    great pictures, i enjoy see how you guys do things down south. thansk KoO Published Author

  169. #169EZ TRBO2008-12-18 06:29

    Well winter has fully reached us with sub zero temps and about 5 inches of snow on the ground as of 12/16. However a major storm is brewing which is promising to put upwards of 20 inches on the ground by the end of the weekend. As always the wind is supposed to blow like crazy so I'm sure I'll be getting some time in the townships "big yella fella"(road grader). This should put a stop to the fall stripping we have been working on which will allow me to get machines moved in for winter work. Trbo 1. Narrow pass on one of our smaller quarries, haul trucks had to back down into where i was loading them. 2.Working further back. 3. First morning with snow, temp was about -5 with a good wind blowing. 4. Haul truck backing up to the dump area.

  170. #170EZ TRBO2008-12-18 06:35

    Few more pics, last quarry stripped before winter(well least before we stopped). With the snow they are talking and the frost in the ground its pretty much past the time of being efficient so time to get machines back in the shop. Trbo 1. Looking down below at the crushing crew, loader feeding the jaw. 2. First pass, taking out the berm and making enough room to load trucks below for next pass. 3. Fresh snow on the quarry floor. 4. Once again, being a nice guy letting the boss run my excavator, so he doesn't have to bounce around in the haul truck all day long.

  171. #171RollOver Pete2008-12-18 09:59

    You too? I finally got last weekend off. All 48 hours worth. I'm not going to go into details of what I did with those 48 hours but brother, I needed that! I'm sitting here in Riverside this morning. ECCO delivered me the same D8 that I ran a while back while filling in the trenches. I'll be digging a 3 million gallon reservoir here so we can develop a well we're digging. Oh yeah, It will be nice to get back in the saddle for a bit.

  172. #172JimBruce422008-12-18 20:23

    great pics EZ, Looking at your last set of photos, I have a question... Once that pass is completed, will you be placing a berm on the edge before the trucks drop down below? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just curious...

  173. #173Bellboy2008-12-19 01:47

    Cool pics! Is the snow getting in the way or is it helping to keep the soil stable, or is it just turning it into rock when cold, mud when thawed?

  174. #174EZ TRBO2008-12-20 09:40

    Glad to hear you are going to do so dirt moving again. Its been awhile and although you have been busy I am sure you are excited to be back on a dozer. Have fun. Trbo

  175. #175EZ TRBO2008-12-20 09:48

    No offense taken, honestly somtimes we do and somtimes we don't. Its hard to tell in the pics but with the haul trucks they are a fair distance away, I understand that somthing could happen where it could go off but I also know that a berm that is required to STOP one would have to be VERY large(even though MSHA only requires it to be half the height of the tallest tire on the road. I belive they explain it as an "OPEN FACE". Not sure of all the exacts on it but we have had inspectors there while stripping and they have not had any problems with the way were were doing it. Once we are finished for this round of stripping there will be a berm along the entire thing(not at the rock face but where we stop the dirt). Trbo

  176. #176EZ TRBO2008-12-20 09:59

    Thanks, last friday(Dec 12th) was the last day we were moving dirt. Had about 4 inches on the ground it the snow actually insulates the ground keeping the frost from going down. However, the weather became very cold(temps in the single to below zero digits) and its hard on the machines and so on and so forth so we shut down, as well as our 3 crushing spreads for the winter. Yesterday we were treated to about 12 inches of snow with 4 to 7 for tonight and talking another big storm comming in middle of the week that they are saying 7 to 9. Glad we got things moved back to the shop and good time to work on them. Trbo

  177. #177JimBruce422008-12-20 20:07

    Makes perfect sense. I know in our quarries, when they are getting ready to drill a bench and shoot it they will push off the berm making that "open face", so I imagine that the area you guys are stripping were not gonna have any traffic on them again until the drills came in. Just a thought:beatsme IN the end all you really need to please is the MSHA inspectors and your own employees, if they all think it's up to snuff then it's all good:drinkup

  178. #178EZ TRBO2008-12-22 17:41

    Yes the only traffic that will be on there once we are done with the stripping will be the drill and the blast trucks. If it is going to be a long while before particular spot is going to be shot then we will berm it up with some gravel or rock(something that can be tossed into the floor and mixed with the shot. As long as MSHA is ok with things then should be good to go. Trbo

  179. #179EZ TRBO2009-01-21 10:06

    Been off here for a bit, which is kinda nice to get some things done around the house and relax(yeah right). Have been plowing snow some, mostly with the grader. Did have to go move a grader for the highway dept the other day, had an engine go south. Other than that been working around at the firehouse some and actually have had the snowmobile out and putting on some miles. But ready to get my machines into the shop for winter work, have plenty to do on my dozer and excavator for sure. Trbo Few pics of the down grader and myself out plowing for the township.

  180. #180dieselnut2009-01-24 15:26

    great pictures

  181. #181EddieWalker2009-01-27 22:44

    I just came across this thread and read through all of it. I never realized how much moving around was involved with some of you guys. While each set of pics and jobs look like fun, I think that all the hustling from place to place would really be a huge drain. Thanks for all the great pics and commentary. I enjoyed the heck out of it. Eddie

  182. #182EZ TRBO2009-01-28 07:52

    Thanks, I enjoy sharing as much as everyone else enjoys looking, as well as looking at all the other pics. Trbo

  183. #183EZ TRBO2009-01-28 08:02

    Thanks Eddie, thanks for the comments. I enjoy posting and sharing what I do. As far as the moving around, somtimes it is a huge drain cause somtimes guys will not say anything about wanting somthing done at a plant or quarry until I'm on the other side of the world. Our 3 quarry crews and one sand crew usually move every 3 to 5 weeks, depending on where they are at and how much materail they have to make. Myself, we don't strip much in the summer, so I'm just bouncing around doing "utility" work until we start fall stripping. Everyday is somthing different for myself. Which I enjoy and they trust me to do what needs to be done and not waste time doing so. Thanks Trbo

  184. #184EZ TRBO2009-03-13 06:46

    Just finished the first project for the year. Post company down the road from one of our plants is down in an old quarry and needed to get some more room. Closest building to the face was only about 40 feet, so the shot was a "pop" shot, just enough to break things loose without sending material EVERYWHERE. 20,000 tons on the ground and had our Lippman Primary, a truck bin, 2 excavators with breakers, 988F and 966 loaders. We crushed everything into breaker run size, loaded it into 5 quad axle trucks and hauled and stock piled it up to our plant. The shot was good for us, good hard material and close to our plant. Camera needs a new battery, which the wife hasn't got for me yet so no pics of this project. Trbo

  185. #185King of Obsolete2009-03-13 22:59

    EZ TRBO, can you tell your wife i will personally sign and send a book (your choice first or second book that i have published) to you if she gets a new battery for your camera. i live in the great white north and enjoy the pictures you post on this website. email me your snail mail address at [email protected] thansk KoO Published Author

  186. #186EZ TRBO2009-03-14 07:35

    DEAL!!! Trbo

  187. #187EZ TRBO2009-04-03 18:41

    Well long story short. Came home a few days ago, dog had gotten into the wifes camera and used as a chew toy. A $300 chew toy, only good thing bout it was I had thought to take it to work that day only to worry that she might be mad if i broke it. Better the dog then me i guess. Just got my new battery the other day so pics are being taken. Trbo

  188. #188EZ TRBO2009-04-13 22:54

    Ok, last few weeks has been pretty dang hectic. Between getting both crushing spreads up and running, moving some material at one quarry, re-building a "road" at another one, and then on to yet a 3rd quarry to do some clean up I am FINALLY getting to winter service on my dozer. Nothing super major just the usual fluid and fliter changes, some MSHA required things(new seat belt and horn), new front idealer seals and a new top roller as well as cutting edges for the blade. Trbo Just a few odds and end pics from the past lil while. Some reason my camera doesn't like the lights in the shop, flash or no flash. 1&2, some waste/fill area at one of our quarries, just a place to put in fill from construction projects. 3&4 Awesome bandsaw, cutting some square tubing and new front on the rip rap screen

  189. #189EZ TRBO2009-04-14 07:57

    Few pics of the dozer going in to the shop, blade is removed and spent all day yesterday removing pans and gaurds and cleaning dirt and greese. Did all the fluid and filter changes as well. Trbo

  190. #190EZ TRBO2009-04-25 15:33

    Just a few pics of the dozer in the shop, tracks spilt and one top ldler that had "casing" failure, the casing failed to keep the parts inside. Just pop off the old and zap on a new one and good to go. Put new seals in for tightening the tracks as well. Putting the tracks back on, well was in the process of it the other day and haven't finished yet, been to the ER and to a hand specialist, all is good though no major damage. Trbo

  191. #191EZ TRBO2009-04-25 15:41

    Few pics of a lil rock job I got to go to the other day. Contractor was digging a pit for a dump pit that will soon be a grain set up at a farm. Went down about 6 feet and found rock and hard rock at that. I still don't think hammers are the best to get through this type of job but we made do and went down the required 7 feet and 12x12 area. Long day on the breaker. Trbo

  192. #192EZ TRBO2009-06-23 18:57

    I see i totally missed posting at all in almost 2 months. Have stayed plenty busy with a lot of odd type jobs to do around the quarries and plants. Besides moving some dirt and rocks I've been doing a fair amount of trucking as well, both low boy and dump trucks. Both quarry crews have moved twice already and one should be ready for a move again next week. Have had plenty of boulders to bust at a few quarries, to make into rip rap. Some clean up here and there. Some days have been super busy where all the plants are running non stop then somedays seems like we are all slow. Moved into a quarry of ours today that we havn't crushed in for a few years but a few different companines have and its a total mess. Not sure what all we are going to do as far as clean up, tons of waste piles around, some left over regrind and lots of boulders. Trbo For going here and there alot I haven't taken all that many pics, but here are a few. 1. Cleaned out a washout pit at one of our plants. 2. Running the stockpile truck at the quarry for a few days. 3. Moving the 988F. Love that pic. 4. Running a swiss digger. Dam that sucks. 5. Lil bit of backyard landscaping, with Cooper keeping an eye on things.

  193. #193RocksnRoses2009-06-23 19:25

    It doesn't look like there is any recession where you are TRBO, a bit like here. It is good to see that you are keeping busy. How is the hand going, is it fully recovered now? Rn'R.

  194. #194EZ TRBO2009-06-23 22:37

    Well things are not super busy by any means, but we have been steady. Helps when you sell a good product and customers still rely on good service. There have been a few that got a lil gunshy after the buyout but now have seen that its the same people running the day to day operations and the same drivers bringing you your loads. Hand is all healed, still pretty tender though. I do have to watch how i use it and there have been a few times i've cussed myself cause i've bumped it wrong, etc. I go back to the doc on Aug 6th for a final check up see how everything looks. Trbo

  195. #195EZ TRBO2009-07-07 17:30

    Last week was one of them weeks, go go go. Seems like I was wanted about 4 different places all week and I just ran non stop. Quarry crew was a man short, a drill needed moved, rip rap needed to be made and just some other odds and ends that I take care of. Here are a few shots of the quarry days. The quarry is usually a 3 man job but one day we did it with 2 of us and although it was a long hectic day we got the job done and never missed a beat. Had to move the drill two times in two days, added to a shot in one quarry and then had to do a rip rap shot at another. Our drills are based with a sister company in Iowa so its easier for us to move them around to our own quarries instead of having there truck come all the way up to move a few miles. I enjoy doing it, pretty fun hauling that big thing. Trbo 1. 988 feeding the impactor. 2.Just looking at the Genset, cone and a few conveyors. 3.my ride for the day, stock piling road gravel. 4.Moving the drill, 13.5 wide, 16.5 high. Get plenty of looks going down the road.

  196. #196RonG2009-07-08 05:16

    Looks like that Artic has a leak behind the cab ) Great pics as usual.Ron G

  197. #197RocksnRoses2009-07-08 06:05

    I reckon that might have been TRBO, Ron. :lmao Rn'R.

  198. #198EZ TRBO2009-07-09 17:58

    Thanks Ron, I'll check on that leak. See if it is still leaking. Trbo

  199. #199EZ TRBO2009-07-30 22:35

    Had to go down today and do a loader swap with a dozer for the power company. They are changing the power plant, which is located right on the Mississippi River, from Coal to wood(not sure if it will be a mix of both or not). They are setting up in one of our old quarries for grinding of rail ties and pulp wood, demo wood, etc. Once demo and re-build are complete, somtime next year they will be going through 70 semi loads of shreded wood a day. Trbo 1. West side of the power plant, demo is being done inside. 2.South side of the power plant with the conveyor and few out buildings. 3.Old hoper, not sure if they need to change this out to go from coal to wood or not. 4.John Deere 744J loader, moved to the quarry and brought back today for work around the plant.

  200. #200EZ TRBO2009-07-30 22:39

    Few more pics of the swap today. 850J dozer with coal blade....WIDE LOAD!! Trbo

  201. #201EZ TRBO2009-07-30 22:51

    Few odds and end projects. Trbo 1. Lil bit of stripping at the Linden Quarry. 2. Rock, dirt, asphalt all mixed into one pile. 3. Just bout clean enough to blow all the heck. 4. Old drive at Cobb. 5. Starting to widen it out.

  202. #202D5G2009-07-31 00:45

    Great pics TRBO, looks like your staying busy:thumbsup

  203. #203EZ TRBO2009-07-31 17:32

    Yes I have been, actually kinda odd that I'm home early today but finshed up one project and was too late to go start another so home I am... not complaining though. Next week should be interesting to say the least. All FOUR crews are moving(3 crushing and 1 sand). Besides that I have to dig for the new septic system at one of our plants. So it should make for a busy week.. Trbo

  204. #204D5G2009-07-31 19:45

    I assume the septic system is going to be quite large, bigger than a residential syatem anyway? Sounds like a lot of work in the comming week, looking foward to more pics. Have a good weekend.

  205. #205EZ TRBO2009-08-03 19:02

    I'm not really sure but I am thinking it will be bout the same size, as our office at that plant only has one to two guys in it daily and most of the customers are in and out type....so not much need for a large holding tank. However due to an industrial setting, etc it may require a larger size regardless of use. I'll find out more in the morning. Today started and stayed MONDAY all day, right from 5 am this morning with the semi I was suppose to tak not being where it was suppose to be at and after calling and looking around I get a call and hour and half AFTER I was suppose to be at the quarry that they had used it on friday and didn't bring it back til 6:30...:Banghead Then all the stuipd people on the road, both cars and "super truckers". Got a Pepsi and Cherry down already and only been home for 30 mins. Trbo

  206. #206Colorado Digger2009-08-04 00:36

    different then what we do, but the work looks to be well done

  207. #207EZ TRBO2009-08-04 20:27

    What type of work do you do...thanks for the comments anyways. Might post a whole new thread on the new redi mix plant as it goes up. Got the septic installed today(well the drain field anyways, tank in the morning.) Trbo

  208. #208Cretebaby2009-08-04 20:52

    Where is the new plant going Trbo?

  209. #209D5G2009-08-04 23:58

    TRBO, was the system bigger or normal sized? I am interested to see the pics.

  210. #210EZ TRBO2009-08-05 07:26

    Seems to me a normal size, tank is 12foot 4 by 68", can't remember the depth, I'll find out in a few hours when it arrives. The system is an at grade, and they are only supposed to be good for around 10 years or so but my boss told me they should be able to get longer out of it...as i had said before its really only 1 or 2 guys in the office, and not that much use. I'll try to get pics loaded tonight after the tank is set and rest of the line from the office to the tank are done. Trbo

  211. #211excossack2009-08-27 15:45

    Some good pics in that lot.

  212. #212EZ TRBO2009-08-30 10:57

    Thanks, been a busy hecic few weeks but finally got the next round of pics loaded up. Trbo

  213. #213EZ TRBO2009-08-30 11:00

    Plant is located at our Darlington Wisconsin facility. Already one plant there that has over 30 years of operation and is wore out. Trbo

  214. #214EZ TRBO2009-08-30 11:08

    Have a large project comming up with the same power plant I had been moving equipment for so we moved our portable redi-mix plant across the river to help with the large amount of crete needed. I had to go over and prep the site, next to the other plant before we could move it in and set up. I know they are talking around 5K to 6K yd.s of concrete with a few pours being over 1000 yards, continus pour. Trbo 1. Just a nice simple brushy lil spot to clear out.(yeah righ) 2. Lil grassy area to push it too...along with bees and rattlesnakes. 3. Looking back at a mud hole.(see "stuck pics") 4&5.. Very wet slop hole in one spot.

  215. #215EZ TRBO2009-08-30 11:19

    Few more pics of site prep and some of the plant prior to being set up...kinda sucks somtimes that i'm only here and there for part of some of this stuff so I can't get the full time line of events but thats the joy of being needed many places. Trbo

  216. #216EZ TRBO2009-10-23 11:27

    Been running around doing a bunch of odd things at the quarries, trying to keep the guys with rock to crush. Had to go and push a bunch of spoils off one of our quarries a few weeks ago, bout 200x200 and went from 20 to 5 feet deep, it was just spoil that had been piled there for years. Good day of pushing. Trbo 1. Lots of rock and mess to push. 2. Got the main slot dozed out, nice big gulley on the back side so just push into it to fill it up. 3. Got everything cleaned up. 4. Site is ready to blast and build the road from the bottom up this way.

  217. #217EZ TRBO2009-10-23 12:02

    Few pics of the wash plant, the 988G and the primary for one of our crews. Trbo

  218. #218EZ TRBO2009-10-23 12:22

    Decided to widen the acess roads into one of our main quarries, cleared the trees out, installed a culvert extension and made the drive way bout 30 feet wide, etc. Set in blocks with caps for gaurd rail near the culvert. Trbo 1 & 2. Clearing the trees out. 3. Trees cleared out. 4 & 5. Area around culvert is cleaned out and ready for the extension.

  219. #219Midwestern4x42009-10-23 12:26

    Great Pictures. I love black and white ,and the older ones were great. I love the dozer in mirror one too...

  220. #220EZ TRBO2009-10-23 12:28

    Culvert is in and I have it rocked, placed the blocks and working on the finish grading. Trbo

  221. #221EZ TRBO2009-10-23 12:31

    Thanks 4x4, loved looking at your pics as well...forgot to ask over in your page, how many acres is that site? Thanks again. Trbo

  222. #222Midwestern4x42009-10-23 12:39

    8miles by 8 miles i think. If you havn't already I posted 60 something more pictures today.