Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Treasure Trove of Pictures of Old Equipment Working in a foreign land

621_Rocker ยท 2012-12-19 04:55

I ran across the following link that has many excellent pictures: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.bouwmachinesvantoen.nl/bedrijvenpagina/Nieuwenhuijse%2520de%2520Braal/Nieuwenhuijse%2520de%2520Braal.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dathey%2Bdumper%26start%3D200%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26sa%3DN%26tbo%3Dd%26channel%3Dsuggest%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D734&sa=X&ei=y4nRUOH2O4fMigLCk4HoCg&ved=0CEwQ7gEwBDjIAQ Pictures of 631As, 631Bs, Brand New D9G, Caterpillar/Athey PR621A's, DW21s, Henschel Trucks, Mercedes Trucks, Tournapulls, 988As, and much much more.

Replies12
  1. #1ben46a2012-12-19 09:38

    I'm assuming that's all the same company throughout its life span. Very impressive, going from dug up rebuilt junk to fleets of new d9s and scrapers.

  2. #2mudober2012-12-19 14:01

    Very Interesting, Thanks for posting

  3. #3DirtHauler2012-12-19 14:52

    Thanks for posting, good find.

  4. #4621_Rocker2012-12-19 17:11

    On picture 6,426 (they are numbered in numerical order) is this how the pony motor on a DW21 was hand crank started?

  5. #5Scrub Puller2012-12-19 18:22

    Yair . . . 621_Rocker. I seem to remember starting something down through the bonnet like that . . . it wouldn't have been a DW21 . . . maybe a D7? Some one on here will know . . . it was a wrist twisting b*****d when it kicked back. I believe there was one model Cat that cranked in through the front which was a bit embarrasing with the blade parked on the goosenedck of a float. Ah . . . for the crackle of half a dozen pilot motors running in the frosty early morning light . . . thems were the days! Cheers.

  6. #6DPete2012-12-19 20:55

    Enjoyed the photos, thanks for posting

  7. #7stinkycat2012-12-19 21:37

    Don't remember the DW21's pony motor crank position but D7's and D8's came up through the hood and the proper way to use the crank was to never pull it through with your thumb wrapped around the handle for if it kicked back and it would at times and you could find your head between the exhaust stack and the air cleaner inlet.

  8. #8d9gdon2012-12-19 21:46

    That's a DW21 with the D337 Roots blown engine if I'm thinking right. It's the one with twin stacks. I don't think all were the same.

  9. #9mitch5042012-12-19 22:30

    That was a well worthwhile website. I do like the way Google Translate rendered some of the captions. "A DW21 pushes through a D9G"

  10. #10Diagonal Brace2013-01-05 13:43

    Loved every picture!!!!

  11. #11renaud2013-01-07 22:09

    Great find!!Thanks for sharing. Max.

  12. #12billyboy8902013-01-08 03:48

    great pics,thanks