Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tree Farmer C4 Series A

TheCanadian ยท 2015-02-22 16:40

Hi all. I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I have a old Tree Farmer (not sure on year) C4 Series A with a 4 cly diesel. The problem I'm having is when climbing a grade only the left front tire spins, I thought it was full time 4 wheel drive. Is there a diff lock on this or is my front diff going? I was told this is a 60's skidder but not sure.

Replies1
  1. #172hayes2015-02-23 22:19

    if you have a NoSpin or diff lock in the front diff then you probably have a broken right front axle. if neither of the back wheels spins when the front one spins then you have a problem in the transfer case or drive line to the rear diff or could have a broken axle in the rear without posi as well. good luck I think its is going to get expensive! Doug