Anybody know what this thing does besides the obvious from the name? Anybody ever run or seen one in person? The caption below the pic says: AC (Allis Chalmers) HD4/653 tree lifter. :beatsme link
Looks like it carrys the tree in it's belly
First time I've ever seen an Allis configured like that , but I believe they were used in nurserys for digging trees before they came out with the scoops for skidsteers. I have seen John Deeres built like this before. jr
Its junk!:IMO Its a high drive.
:falldownlaugh I was actually wondering who was gonna say it first......
I will admit, it does look a little tippy though.
I have seen these type of machines working in the orchards of southern Ontario. They are used in the nurseries to root prune and then lift the young peach, pear, apple etc trees for transplanting. They are still used - it can really 'produce', when you figure the hand work that has to happen behind it. John in northern Ontario
it can really 'produce', couldnt help urself, huh????
:lmao :lmao stop it! Its sure to roll on one of those BC driveways too ( this has gotta stop....sometime
:beatsme i dont know why they have make this tree lifter dozer.If they have to move trees,take a forwarder.
I'm going to speculate on what I see, maybe Deere John can help me out. The implement on the front looks to be a scoop to dig a root ball, and I expect after the tree is dug it is tilted on its side with the top away from the front of the machine. If I had better pictures, I might see some sort of rail that allows the scoop to be withdrawn under the machine cradling the tree there for transport from the field. equipment fan, a forwarder moves cut trees, this machine looks to be set up for moving live ones.
Unless it breaks in half first! I heard about this truck that broke in half backing down this driveway in Canada.................:lmao :lmao
I saw one in BC that was just riddled with orange cancer
Tree Lifter. Hi, Folks. I have seen photos of similar gadgets on 4wd loaders and as attachments for excavators. 'Zamatter of fact, I seem to remember that one of the 4wd loaders that I first saw with such an attachment was wunna dem damn 'green brand' thingys. I don't want to mention the name 'cos it'll only give a certain person more ammunition. I have done the same thing many times with a front end loader but I have to be fair and admit that these sorts of gadgets may well do the job better and cleaner.
One of the guys in my antique cat club has a 7U series D4 (1950) set up in a similar fashion. High clearance so it could straddle young trees without damaging them. It seems really high up in the seat... alan627b
Hi again - I should have been more specific in that early morning hour, but I was on my way out the door. The second photo shows the front with the funnel to bend the tree tops over and fold in the branches. The cutter/pruner/plow is on the back. Notice that there is alot of grouser on these machines - they have to pull lots on moist fields without slipping off course and into the adjacent row of trees. They are used in the spring and fall, when the trees have the natural ability to recover from root damage. The dead of summer would not be good for the trees. The one I saw was a JD 350 I belive. I think the trees are burlap wrapped for shipment, although I was told that bareroot is sometimes used in the right weather where the trees are being transplanted close to where there were dug up. Hope this helps more. John - forestry feeds my family.
Nedly, The Professional Stake Killer Hi, Nedly. Do you always want to have your cake and eat it too. LOL. Where I come from, if you are a stake killer, pro or amateur, you are NOT an OPERATOR. An OPERATOR does NOT kill stakes. LOL.