Heres a couple of tree jobs ive done recently.
Nice. Tree jobs can be great with the right climber. With the wrong one, however, it can go very bad, very fast. I've had a couple of scares doing yestr
So do you reel up your a2b/ boom length cable when running in the trees? I've made my 35 ton a2b cable so I can unclip it and reel it back to within 6' of the drum so I don't catch it running in the trees. I've always intended to do it for my rt and 70 and just have never got around to it. My smaller cranes are radio a2b, or no a2b, which is the handiest in the trees. Also- that's a really big piece your getting ready to load on that truck, but in the picture where he's halving the trunk, I don't see any trees around near that size- left over old growth tree?
I do now, after a couple of rats nests from breaking it. He cut the butt down to 8' 6" because the woods not always the best there . The next cut was 22 ' long so it needed to be ripped. The butt cut was worked out to 1176 lb s per foot . Id calculated it to be 1200 lb.s per lineal foot ,the faller though i was figuring way too heavy. It was a real pleasure to watch him make those cuts, 1 cut then roll it for the second cut. About 20 minutes a cut and deadly straight on the second log we split. The first split log had a big crack running through part of it. The trees was knocked down for the new road ,one of a few giants left behind . The rest was all 2nd or 3 rd growth timber
Nice work Tugger2 ! I can sure see where that type of work could be a little nerve racking waiting on the Faller to finish the cut & crane feller picking at the rite time . My hat is off to ya !