Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trencher Chain Help

deep n cheep ยท 2015-01-11 21:05

I recently bought a Vermeer t655 trencher with a rock chain and need to switch it over to dirt. Called Vermeer and they are not cheap. I think that I can get by with just new pads and cupcutters. Would like to find a used set if I could. Does any one know where a used set might be located. If nothing else I would probably buy new but don't want to over pay. Is there a difference between OEM an aftermarket?

Replies5
  1. #1Moonlite2015-01-12 00:24

    Dont know about used ones. I know from aftermarket you can get some cheap ones that are just flat top and sides. They dont hold up. Bought some good ones from ditch witch about 5 yrs ago that had a ridge on them giving better support. I think for 3 sets of 6 8 and 10 in i paid around $400. Was well worth it.

  2. #2deep n cheep2015-01-12 08:27

    The pad that I would be after would need to be 24'' wide.

  3. #3Moonlite2015-01-12 20:37

    I should have caught the size of machine.

  4. #4Moonlite2015-01-12 20:41

    Google ballantine

  5. #5nowing752015-01-13 18:09

    I second Ballantine. Use there stuff on out t455.