Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Triax Altros AW46 synthetic hydraulic oil analysis. Looks good.

Nowhere · 2026-01-14 14:04

I had an oil analysis done on Triax Altros AW46 hydraulic oil to see what their additive pack looked like and to see if it matched their 3x anti wear claims. Looks good and it's about $90/5g from Autozone with their 20% coupons. I used the " Under My Hood" oil test kit from Amazon for this. I'm sure there are better oils and cheaper oils out there, thought this might help someone.

Replies4
  1. #1JTWAT2026-01-19 22:00

    This is a test on new oil. Test again after 500 hrs and see how it looks.

  2. #2Nowhere2026-01-20 00:52

    Well, here's the factory fill on my xcmg at 460 hours for comparison.

  3. #3Coaldust2026-01-20 02:19

    Nowhere, welcome to the HEF. Good to have you. I applaud your interest in preventative maintenance and lubrication. That oil sample is missing vital information needed for proper review. That data set is for engine oil. The following is missing: ISO 4466, Viscosity and TAN. I don’t believe the factory fill results with so many zeros on the spectrometer. Especially with break in oil.

  4. #4Nowhere2026-02-04 06:50

    The viscosity is listed on the report for a 100*C rating, it matches up to an aw46 weight. I agree the particle count and total acidic number would have been useful too. Looks like Napa has the wix hydraulic test kit for about $50 too