Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trimble Business Center on a Mac?

NCSLIM1 ยท 2014-10-18 13:27

I am currently looking to upgrade my takeoff software from Paydirt to TBC. I run Paydirt on my desktop which is a PC but I now have a Macbook Pro that I was wanting to run TBC on. I know that TBC is not compatible with OSX but I can install windows on the Macbook and run it completely in Windows or run it in Parallels with lets me run OSX and windows at the same time. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there any problems that I should be aware of? Any in site on this would be great! Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1NCSLIM12015-06-17 23:12

    Just thought I would give an update. I went through with the purchase of TBC-HCE and partitioned my Macs hard drive to run windows. I have had no problems with it so far, and I have been running it for about 2 months.

  2. #2MEB12016-03-18 10:26

    I know this is a but late but might help someone else. I have seen good results with Parallels in running CAD software built for Windows.

  3. #3ASN102016-12-20 11:14

    Help? Can you assist with how you did this. Currently trying to make this work on my Mac with Windows 10 and when I open the License Manager everything is blank. Like it isn't reading the Key. I've had Trimble replace my key thinking it had failed. Not the problem as it shows on my PC fine.

  4. #4ASN102016-12-20 11:16

    Help? Any ideas? I should try?

  5. #5MEB12016-12-20 13:02

    Are you using Parallels ? If so you might need to turn on SmartMount. See here : http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v7/update3/docs/en/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/33648.htm By default a USB plugged into your MAC won't be detected on your Windows PC. I am assuming you are talking about a USB license dongle here.