New to the group. I’ve been thinking of making that jump to Trimble and obviously I would rather have a new setup. Sitech is coming out and getting me setup to demo but said it would be 100k to get all setup on my dozer if I bought it. Dozer is wired already. Is this a pretty Normal price for the newer setups?(base,rover,etc.) and is it worth it to by used and piece together or buy new? Thanks!
That sounds like an appropriate price for everything. You will need a considerable amount of support after the sale as you become familiar with the equipment, and Sitech has been excellent in providing that in my experience. Sitech may have some used equipment, but piecing things together outside of Sitech may be problematic when trying to get everything working together. There are other companies and equipment that will work. I went with Sitech because of their affiliation with Cat equipment, and the support that they offer in our area.
I went with Trimble and Sitech for 2D. Here anyway, Scitech can't be beat for service. I ended up going Topcon for LPS and GPS. Here anyway RDO isn't close to the service of Scitech. I went with Topcon due to the system itself, I think is better for me. I am hoping that RDO gets their poop in a group here. The issue with Trimble is their subscription costs. Their stupid. Make sure you ask about it, if they don't mention it in their bid. None of my stuff is CAT and Scitech hasn't had an issue taking care of Link Belt or Taki.
We have the same Sitech folks I assume. What subscription are you referring to? I bought a license for Trimble Business Center rather than the subscription, bet we don't have any other subscriptions. Perhaps it is because of different components that we use? Other than the 2D system included in our new excavator that we rarely use all our stuff is 3D.
We wanted to buy a Trimble total station. They wanted 3600 a year subscription. I don't have any for the 2D Trimble. We bought a GeoMax Total station with no subscription. My TopCon subscription is 700.
Ah, makes sense. Soon we won't own anything including the iron, just pay to use it. I'm a little surprised there isn't a subscription for the use of satellites.......yet.
Just be wary of the model builder. Sitech charges a pretty penny for their models. The one that I use is really good and doesn’t hurt the budget too bad.