Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trimble vs. Topcon?

rookerrobert ยท 2024-08-24 16:41

I know when you turn on topcon and we have a way to recalibrate by setting your blade on the ground and turn around and place it in the same place. You can then bench it in and put in on auto and blade one way finish pass and then turn around and you can adjust your cross slope to match both ways. I cant find that on the trimble and running dual gnss receiver's it would be a have to thing.I know you can bench each receiver to match the existing grade. But that dont tell you that the cross slope match's ?

Replies4
  1. #1Tones2024-08-24 18:55

    An outfit I worked with installed Topcon on their machines and had a similar problem with nothing matching up. Apparently it was a problem with the compass within the unit. Without it they'll never run correctly.

  2. #2rookerrobert2024-08-24 19:22

    I have ran several topcon on graders but you could always work out the problem....accept the one your describing that would take a technician or a new part. But from what I can tell other than seeing the screwed up cross slope error.I'm hoping they'll a installer out and find out the problem.You would think the money these thing cost and all the r&d for the most part they would be trouble free.Now I know they you have someone that build a file for the site that can be a problem.

  3. #3Tones2024-08-25 07:52

    A tech had to come a fix them. It was crazy, first job I had seen without survey pegs so the job came to a halt apart from the bulk excavation.

  4. #4rookerrobert2024-08-25 10:59

    yeah the gps has sure changed the work it's only a tool it wont make a operator out of someone but will sure help experienced one. I have always said if you dont know what it looks like you can't build it.