Looking for the 2 tie rod ends for the power steering assist ram #3 and #8 in the image . Is there a company that still deals in old Trojan Loader parts? I used Casey and Depris out of MA for years but I guess they went out of business Thanks for reading, Lou
Is there a name of any kind on that cylinder or the control valve section? I know that is the same as what I recall them using on the off-highway Macks I worked on back in the day but it's been a few decades since I worked on them. My point is that cylinder is NOT a Trojan made part so there is a chance someone else used the same cylinders and rod ends. Good chance one of the Ag companies might use them. With any luck someone else will recognise the make. If you have a good Ag dealer with some old guy on the parts counter I'd take the picture in and ask him!
OK brain kicked in and I recalled the brand, It is a Vickers steering cylinder! If there is a large truck shop they might have something or you could try this outfit: https://www.tupelohydraulics.com/vickers-hydraulic-steering-cylinder-sc12/ or check this link: http://www.vickershydraulic.com/site1/pdfs/m2606s.pdf
Haha, that's funny! You'll need to find the thread sizes and see if you can match them up. or find the tapered thread size and match that and cut and weld the other one off the old ones. or rebuild them, one way is to rotate the ball 90 degrees, drill and tap a hole 1/4x28 for a zerk in the cover, insert bb's one at a time and push in with a 1/4" x 28 bolt with a point ground on it to tighten. Remove the bolt and put zerk in to grease, then add another couple bb's to tighten.
YES!! You are correct it IS a Vickers Steering Cylinder! I cleaned all the guck off it and found the tag! I will try your links and see what happens. THANKS!!
I never heard of the bb trick, I'll have to try that. I do the same hole for a grease fitting, and pour molten lead in. No way would I do this on a hwy vehicle, but a loader, sure.
The BB trick wouldnt work for me because my tie rods face downward and the BBs would fall out. BUT you have given me a GREAT idea! With the tie rod off I can turn it upside down and pour lead into it, drill it and put a grease fitting on it. This is what Im going to do If I cant find the correct parts. THANK YOU!!!
If you take them apart, typically they're just rounded plate that holds the ball up tight to the top of the socket, and a spring pushing against that plate. that spring gets weak and those parts get worn and you get slop, rotate the ball 90 degrees, get rid of the spring if you take it apart, and use the bb's with grease if you have to. Make sure you're not close to worn out enough to let the ball escape the socket through the top. A farm tractor you could fix that one too, but not for heavy equipment. Like Ken said, trojan didn't make the tie rod ends, they're out there somewhere new most likely.
This one is totally blown....Nothing is in it. Its a hollow shell. Im not having any luck finding a replacement part. All the places I call dont want to go beyond punching a few keys and looking at a screen. If you or anyone knows of a place that deals in older equipment parts please let me know. I have the Trojan part numbers and the Vickers/Eaton part numbers but to no avail. Trojan#2040129 and 2040130. Vickers/Eaton#219240 and 283295 Thanks for responding