I'm looking at buying a Trojan 1500z that needs new heads (Deutz). Owner took the heads off two years ago and never got around to replacing them. Are parts an issue? I like the size of the 1500 and am not afraid of having to fix it up as I can buy the loader right. Anything to be worried about?
The thing with Trojan is they went out of business and parts support with be tough. If you have parts books for the loader that will make life a lot easier. The engine parts you should be able to get from Atlantic Engine in Windham if you have an engine serial number. Milton Cat can get parts for Trojan from a supplier named Minpar, this is assuming you get the right parts guy at Milton.
Thanks Geoff. I'm still doing a bunch or reading and browsing, here and elsewhere on the pro-cons.
I ended up buying the old girl. I think I can make something of it, and I bought it right. Engine kit is $931.00 on Ebay, looks like a straightforward fix there. Just need to find some sheetmetal or make my own as the fenders are punky in places. This place looks like a good resource as well. http://www.trojanloaders.com/ I will post some pics as we get into it, can't figure out how to get pics loaded on this new format.