Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 1900 Sluggish

Honda Steve ยท 2025-02-07 10:30

Hi All, I have a 1900 Trojan that always ran out very well but all of a sudden it's sluggish. It moves forward and back but very slowly. Any suggestions where to look? The emergency brake is not engaged...

Replies7
  1. #1Simon C2025-02-07 23:17

    What kind of motor is in it, and does the motor go to full RPM. Is the transmission oil full or overfull? Tell us about it. Simon C

  2. #2Honda Steve2025-02-08 07:17

    Hi, thanks for getting involved! The machine does drive in 1 and 2, forward and reverse, but slowly. It's the Duestz, and yes, it goes to full RPM. No problems with power. When I check the fluid level when it's cold, the first reading shows it's low, but if I check it again right away, it shows it's slightly full. Confusing I pulled the filter and it barely had any signs of fluid in it. I jacked the machine up and it still didn't spin the tires easily. One more thing, I put the machine back down on the ground, started it up and it pulled out of the garage with plenty of speed and power, like nothing was ever wrong, then it lost it's torque again and snailed along. Thanks for your input!

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-02-10 01:42

    It might say on the dipstick how to check the trans. oil level. Very common to be with oil warmed up and engine running. What did the filter look like? If the filter looks OK, as in no metal or particles, I'd change the filter and the oil and check the level with the engine running and the oil warmed up and monitor it. Your torque converter may be leaking.

  4. #4Simon C2025-02-10 10:42

    Sound like there isn't enough pressure in the torque. Does that have a Clark C270 torque or something else. Have seen the same symptoms you are having and the flywheel fibre gear was blown. Have also seen a transmission neutralizer valve stuck partially on, hence no power to wheels. Will need to hook up gages on transmission ports. What Transmission is in it. Simon C

  5. #5Honda Steve2025-02-12 13:55

    Dave, I was getting a zero fluid level reading on the dip stick when checking the tranny fluid cold on the first try. However, it would show full immediately afterwards on the the next dip. I took your advice and started the machine and let it run until it warmed up. Once it was warm, it showed no reading on the dipstick no matter how many times I checked it. I started adding fluid until I got the appropriate reading and the transmission SNAPPED into action. This machine shifts like new and runs out smoothly! Thanks for your help!

  6. #6Simon C2025-02-12 14:01

    Have seen dipstick tubes that are air locked, Simple breath to the bottom and no more oil on the dipstick. Simon C

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-02-12 18:29

    Glad you're up and running and I was able to help. I've seen some engine oil dipsticks read way over full when pulling the dipstick after sitting. Clean it off and check again and the level is actually low. It's not uncommon for the level to show good or high after sitting but be low after running and warmed up. Weird things can happen when reading dipsticks.