Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

trojan 2000 1970 471 detroit

ramcharger · 2025-05-07 11:30

hello everyone I would like to know the type of oil of the transmission because it is light in color with a smell of 80W90 I don't have an oil dipstick on the transmission and I don't want to put the wrong type of oil I see that there are 2 models of transmissions but I can't identify my model and I would like to know where the transmission filter is located thank you your help.

Replies8
  1. #1DDoug2025-05-07 11:36

    Please post in English

  2. #2ramcharger2025-05-07 11:37

    yes im sorry about that

  3. #3ramcharger2025-05-07 11:42
  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-05-10 18:03

    @ramcharger , That’s a Clark model 2420 transmission. There are a lot of maintenance manuals out there for it. If you follow the plumbing hoses from the torque converter you will find the filter. .

  5. #5ramcharger2025-05-14 13:54

    Thank you Diesel Dave, I appreciate your help with the information about the transmission model. I followed the lines from the torque converter, and I don't have a filter on the lines. Could it be possible that they are inside the transmission? Also, could you provide information on what type or grade of oil to use for the transmission, please?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-05-14 20:46

    There is only a suction screen in the bottom of the transmission. . .

  7. #7Diesel Dave2025-05-14 20:48

    You have a machine serial # ?

  8. #8ramcharger2025-05-18 14:18

    registration serial 662255 engine 1043-7000 4A205744*