Hello all. I am new to the sight. After reading through many different forums it's a blessing to see the magnitude of expertise on this sight and look forward to receiving information for my future questions. I have many different equipment. The first one I am inquiring about with this post is a Trojan 254 loader. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience with the machine. I have been searching the internet and the 254 seems to be a ghost with relation to any information out there. The closest I get to my loader is a 204. Thank you and look forward to hearing back. Brad
Where are you in Ct. Brad? I've got a Trojan 114, kind of the same machine but smaller than the 254. I use it most everyday.
Hi Mike, I'm east of the river about 10 minutes south east outside of Hartford. Do you know much about the 254? How similar is the 114 to mine. I am a mechanic by trade and looking for a shop/maintenance manual followed by a parts manual so I can affectively work on my unit. Since I haven't been able to find maintenance information yet it brings me here. Thank you. Brad
This place here https://www.minnpar.com/ had reprint manuals for these old machines. Other than that, if you search ebay long enough you'll find one.
WE have a thread HERE I think its called> Manual exchange.. U might reach out to>> TOOL KING on this site.. he's a real good source for manuals, along w/ other things.
Forgot to add Brad - If you have some specific problem with it you should post it here. Lots of experience on this site.
Hi Mike, No specific problems yet, but wondering if you might know what kind and weight oil goes into the center lower frame gearbox transmission for my 254 or what you use in your 114? I have taken your suggestion and went on the minnpar websight, but again nothing comes up for the 254. I have been searching ebay and other sights for the past 8 months in hopes to find maintenance information, but nothing. I also have a JD544A which I was easily able to find manuals for, thank goodness. Another machine I own is a JD 401-C that I am looking for manuals for in the event anyone out there has the same machine. Thank you thepumpguysc for your imput.
They call that the "drop box" it gets 90 weight. The transmission gets ATF. I was you i'd phone Minn Par, I got my reprint manual there, plus some seals, etc. thought to be extinct.
Thank you Mike.
I have attached some pictures of my old 254 for your viewing.
I'd rather change one of my tires than one of yours...................
wow what year is the old girl i had a 2500 that i thought might be similar but after seeing the pics it definatly is not the same beast
what type of engine does it have my 2500 had a detroit
Sorry so long responding. Been out on the road related to work. I am not sure of the year just yet. Hoping an expert here might be able to tell me based on the serial number which I still have to read off the machine then post it. I took delivery of it last fall along with my John Deere 544. It does have a Detroit in it that screams. Not sure of the Detroit model just yet. It fires so nice and runs so well. I have been very pleased so far. Only major discrepancy is no brakes. I'll get that figured out during the summer. Thank you.