Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 3000

D_EDGE · 2019-12-13 10:55

I just acquired a Trojan 3000 loader and am wondering if anybody knows much about this model. Can’t seem to find much information on it. It has the Detroit 6v53. Not sure what transmissions they put in these though and how good they are. Haven’t had a chance to really dig into it as I haven’t brought it home yet. No luck finding manuals so far. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1D_EDGE2019-12-17 00:18

    Nothing???

  2. #2kshansen2019-12-17 17:59

    Well you could start by looking at this site: https://www.minnpar.com/manuals3.asp?FName=O&K TROJAN KOBELCO MANUALS&SFName=O&K WHEEL LOADER PARTS MANUALS Scroll down a bit and they show some manuals for three different 3000's might be a start! And I did see this site: http://bathic.neel.lealer.pw/DR-Ama95U2cVp1/ No idea if it is a good site or a scam site so unless someone else can say I would be careful, maybe try logging in at a library computer rather than your home computer. I may be a little paranoid so do what you want! But like they say "Even paranoid people can have real enemies!"

  3. #3D_EDGE2019-12-18 11:06

    Thanks! I checked out Minnpar and found the parts manuals for it, no service or operators though. Also looks like they sell a few parts for the Trojan loaders. I might need to track down new wheel cylinders or rebuild kits as the brakes aren’t currently working. Motor seems to run strong. Finding conflicting info on what fluids are supposed to be used in this machine. I’ll keep digging.

  4. #4kshansen2019-12-18 11:16

    One thing about Trojan's that can be sometimes good and sometimes bad for the most part they were/are what I would call "assembled from parts" machines. By that I mean many if not all components were bought by the company and used to assemble the machines.This is as apposed to say Cat where most components were designed and built by Cat for the application. The good point of that is often if you need a part you can determine who made it and find a source for that part not having to get them in a box marked Trojan.

  5. #5DMiller2019-12-18 14:24

    Kind of like Allis, a Piece from here another from over there, whatever the need for the week!!!

  6. #6D_EDGE2019-12-18 15:09

    Thanks for the replies. Yes I’m finding that most parts are from various manufactures and can be sourced directly. It seems the brake linings and wheel cylinders are no longer available so hope I can figure something out there. There has to be something that will work on this loader.

  7. #7DMiller2019-12-18 16:01

    Unless really corroded or scarred can buy cups for wheel cylinders and home them up. As to linings check local brake shops that reline existing shoes.

  8. #8kshansen2019-12-18 19:19

    My thoughts exactly! Not sure is the shop near me can still come up with things like that but they did have an older guy, actually he was younger than I am these days so I better watch out, he could pull a rabbit out of his hat so to speak for just about any obscure brake parts we could ever need. And if he could not find the part he could come up with a way to modify the system to use what was available. Guys like that seem to be a vanishing breed these days. If a couple clicks on a computer screen does not show the part it must not exist!

  9. #9D_EDGE2019-12-18 21:22

    Yeah, mechanics that actually rebuild things instead of just replacing it are pretty scarce anymore. I’ll have to check to see if any shops around me reline shoes. Not to worried about the wheel cylinders. If the bore is good I’ll hone and throw in some new cups. If not, I’m sure I can find a comparable one and fab something up.

  10. #10DMiller2019-12-19 07:06

    May inquire as far as into WA State around Seattle too, may have a better chance Continental States.