Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan 3500Z information

Jaybuild ยท 2008-04-10 19:02

I just picked up a 1989 Trojan 3500Z loader for around my building site. I am not very familiar with these machines, and was looking for info on parts availability and a source for an owners manual. Any help would be most appreciated. Jay

Replies14
  1. #1mikef872008-04-10 19:41

    Casey and Dupius Equipment in Watertown, Mass is where I buy my parts for my Trojan. Minn-Parr.com is where they purchase the parts I believe. Good strong machines I have a 1500Z a 1900z and a 3500Z.

  2. #2Jaybuild2008-04-11 07:37

    Thanks for the info Mike, I bought it at Petrowski's auction and am going to pick it up today. It is just the tool I need to move material around the site.It appears to be in good shape and seems to run and operate well. I'll try to post pictures soon.

  3. #3Jaybuild2008-04-14 19:42

    got it this afternoon

  4. #4[-Agent-]2008-04-14 20:18

    Nice loader!

  5. #5Young James2008-04-15 21:00

    never heard of that loader before, but it must be a fair size due to it's 2 rams and quite a few steps on the ladder

  6. #6stretch2008-04-16 09:53

    Nice loader! Add some mud and it'll look better. Where in CT are you?

  7. #7drag1line2008-04-16 13:29

    In 1989 Trojan was the US name for the German manufacturer O&K that is now owned by CNH. CNH did just close the factory in Berlin, so parts may become more difficult to obtain. However, it has a ZF transmission, parts HQ Chicago, Dietz or Cummins engine ect. Good Luck

  8. #8stretch2008-04-16 14:08

    The Trojan name started out in 1950 when Yale & Towne Manufacturing got into the loader business under the Trojan name. Here's a link to some more info, written than none other than Keith Haddock: http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6386888.html?industryid=23403

  9. #9Jaybuild2008-04-17 07:09

    Thanks for the info guys, I'm in Glastonbury. It's got a 4 yd bucket and weighs somewhere around 37,000 pounds. I have taken off the access panels and I am in the process of degreasing and cleaning. I have no manuals yet and I am trying to figure where everything is. All the lights work and the heat blows mean. It will be a big asset to my project.

  10. #10stretch2008-04-17 10:57

    I wish you much luck with the Trojan and hope to see some pics of it in action. opcorn And maybe of other equipment if you have any. We do a lot of business out that way and most of my relatives live out in Manchester...do you happen to know Peter Saglio over at Saglio Construction/Winter Hill Farms? He's done some roadwork for us.

  11. #11Jaybuild2008-04-25 07:02

    Hey Stretch, I'm not familiar with Saglio Construction, but I am always looking for good people to work with. The loader has been running fine, it has been doing a lot of work. I am interested on how an air cooled engine is gonna work in the winter! I'll try to get some action pictures but I don't think that my men know how to operate a camera.

  12. #12mikef872008-04-25 20:51

    They work fine, doesn't blow air hot enough to make you sweat when your at an idle, but if your working it you can be down to a long sleeve tshirt in no time.

  13. #13stretch2008-04-25 21:13

    Small outfit, mostly smaller jobs like shorter roads or home foundations. Good guys, they don't give us a lot of trouble like some of our other guys. Pete also owns Winter Hill Farms (horses) just off of Hebron Ave. somwhere past the granite quarry. Maybe you'll know where it is. And good luck with that last part, my father doesn't know how to turn on the computer! :bash Even I still get lost...

  14. #14k.key2011-02-13 20:57

    Looking for a v-8 Deutz for a 3500 Trojan for a customer of mine, he has a 3500 parts machine and the crankshaft is bad in it to. Any ideas?