Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trojan L2500 loader lift/bucket hydraulic issue

Adam G ยท 2022-06-15 08:44

Hello All- I recently picked up a Trojan L2500 wheel loader at an auction. I bought it knowing that the bucket did not operate. The loader arms were portrayed as working correctly, but in reality, are not. Here's what I'm looking at: This unit has an electrical joystick that converts to actuators to control a valve bank for the loader. The bucket never tips/curls, and the loader will only lift/lower occasionally, usually working only after sitting for awhile, or racking the steering back and forth. I'm assuming the pump system is ok, because when it does work, it's powerful. I'm leaning towards a broken wire that controls the electrical side of the operation, which would explain why it occasionally lifts after articulating the steering back and forth. My question is this: Has anyone gone through the same situation and can point me to a possible common problem area where the wiring is prone to breaking? Any info is appreciated. Thanks, Adam

Replies1
  1. #1Rustyfender2022-06-15 16:13

    Hi and welcome, I have a 2000 Trojan but it is older with only lever controls , so I am no help to you but someone will chime in