I have having trouble getting slope with my spectra gl412. Any tips or tricks that can help me? I have been using the 100(rise/run) to get my percent slope but its seems i must be doing something wrong. Thanks
Hey NKTEI2010, can you giv eme some details about the problem? I used to sell the Spectra lasers for Trible so I can help you. Chris
Sounds like you have it right. Rise (Elevation difference between your 2 points) divided by Run (distance between your 2 points) Multiplied by 100 to get your percent. So if you had a 100' span that was 2' difference in elevation 2/100= .02 (100) = 2% So 2% would be your slope that you put in your laser. On your GL412 you would hold down the up arrow button until it got close to 2%. As you hold it down, it will start to scroll through the numbers faster, so you will pass by it if you don't watch it. you have to let off and kinda bump it to get it right on the exact percent that you want. And remember, if you are standing looking at the display on the laser, a positive % will be going up hill from you and a negative % will be going down hill. And to double check yourself, after you get your % dialed in the laser, you can shoot one end and lock your receiver on the grade rod and you should hold that grade and match on the other end