Hi, I'm new here so be easy I have a Cat 312CL and its blowing black smoke under load more than what it should. From other posts in here I see and Cat also thinks its the PRV solenoid that is the culprit... I did all the procedures with changing all the filters so now if someone could please help me find out which one is the PRV I would be very grateful! Thanks in advance for your time Paul
If someone also knows the procedure in calibrating the PRV that would be great too!
You need to check for codes in the computer. You can get those from the diagnostics section in the computer is you know how. Someone here should be able to give you instructions on that. Did you check to make sure there isn't a bypass switch for the computer somewhere?
I don't have any codes and I did bypass the computer and still same problem. It doesn't do it with all the controls only some of them so I don't think it with the engine. I spoke to a Cat tech and he said the same thing that its probably the PRV. I cant seem to figure out which solenoid is the PRV now. I was hoping someone in here could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your time. Paul
What is the machine serial number so I can supply correct info.
Cba00134
312cl prv Please see the attached 3 doc's for procedures! I hope I did this right so you get them? Mike
Mike here is my email [email protected] I can't see the attachments.. Thank You in advance! Paul
Did you get the documents?
No Mike here is my email [email protected]
I just sent them to your email!
If the pressure does not vary durring the sweep test and there are no active codes for the PRV it is most likely bad.
Also if you unplug the elec connector and nothing changes it's most likely bad.
Hi Mike I did get them and thank you! I did unplug it and nothing changed..
Ok Guys.. with the help of a few really great people in here I think I can fix this one myself... Thank God its been a long cold winter!!
Thanks Mike I really appreciate your help with this. It should not be to bad to take care of. Thanks again Paul
Hi there, Can I get some docs because I have a Cat 320C having the same problem. I want to calibrate the PRV.
I am traveling but send your email and I will look for the One I sent Paul!
My mail is [email protected] . Have sent you a message also. Thanks
Thanks Paul and Mike thanks for the docs you mailed. The calibration worked and machine is working goooood.
One more thing, the backup switch under the armrest was also not working due to which the PRV Solenoid was off. This switch made the machine lugging down and the tracks had no power.
Happy I could help and glad your up and running!
electrical schematic for 312CL Hi all, I have trouble with swing brake on CAT 312CL. No power to swing brake solenoid valve. Can any one help with drawing or show me how to check the power?? Thank you
PVR Solenoid Callibration codes I need cat 325 PRV Solenoid Calibration codes.. Could you e-mail at [email protected] ?
I need cat 325C PRV Solenoid Calibration codes.. Could you e-mail at [email protected]
What did u find out about your 312,im having problems w mine
Nothing that really helped me fix the problem,but i flipped the backup switch under right side armrest and now the swing brake doesnt lock up,but if i flip it back the other way it will lock up almost insantly
Could you send me that schematic for 312cl also,would be greatful, [email protected]
Flipped bypass switch and works fine
Hi, I know its its an old thread, but can anyone send me.the calibration procedure for the 300series cat excavators? [email protected]