here are some pics of truck backhoes dose anyone think these woulhd sell if they came to the us market they chould de mounted on f650 or kodiak 6500 they are quite populer in japan the iszuzu look simeler to gmc forwards from the late 1980s early 1990s we had one as a dump truck it was the worst truck we ever had
They probably wouldn't sell many of those in North America that's kind of a throwback to the first generation hydraulic excavators in the sixties and seventies. I've seen a Hein Werner on a tandem axle setup sitting in a farmers field by my buddy's place. I think the only work it'll ever see again is when it's cut up for scrap. Can you maneuver those trucks around from the excavator seat? Cause if you can't what good is it? Gradall pioneered that concept years ago, plus they're machines only need one engine. http://www.gradall.com/
I've seen some gas company trucks, that had a hoe on the back, didn't appear to be very practical. just a dig in on spot type operation.
Consumers Energy had some for small underground utility jobs. They were a small backhoe, 10' to 12' reach, mounted on a Chevy C65 single axle truck. 180 degree swing, not full rotation. Ed
Can anyone post pics of a old one in the states and what kind of backhoe was on the old chevy C65 truck Was it a ford 555c backhoe they use to sell them like in the 1960s 1970s but a ford may only fit on a ford truck
Here's something along those lines I think. Just seems so wrong to me but hey whatever floats your boat. http://thetruckhoe.com/
that truckhoe is silly its monted on a pickup and not a new one at that it looks like a 1980s ford and to buy a new ford and a truckhoe whould cost as mucht as a mini excavator
Those were probably the best diesel Ford's the engine were made by Navistar and were all mechanical. Unlike the crap that's out now.
I think that the mini excavator has taken over the applications that used to be practical for the truck hoe. I can´t think of a single application where a rubber duck wouldn´t work circles around it and where a mini-ex wouldn´t be cheaper to run. Unless it was offered to me for $300 at a bankruptcy auction, I can´t say that I´d want one. Anything above scrap value is too much money.
reminds me of a Hyrail equiped 16 ton excavator i saw on my travels around WA lucky it was painted yellow to show it was a lemon!
The gas company around here used to have some of those around that time too. There's probably a reason they don't have them anymore...
I know a guy who use to run those machines like the Hein Werner's on a tandem axle chassis, he said the worst thing about them was that you either had to leave your parking brake off, or jump into the chassis cab to advance the excavation, plus you couldn't swing around to dump into a truck behind you all that easily unless you could get that truck at an angle. So it's pretty easy to see why they disappeared off the face of the earth...well except for the Gradall type.
The Army used to use Unimogs that were upfitted with hoe's and front end loaders, they had decent mobility, but they were very heavy, and incredibly expensive.
I think the idea for this type of excavators is great, however, I do not think it would work in this market. This is more of a set up for someone who digs ditches or pools, something that does not require a great deal of movement. I also would not trust the stability versus the rollover factor, as the truck would not weight it down properly.