Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck based backhoe

MaxNik ยท 2009-03-28 06:20

Hi All, Has anyone got an idea who make something like this?

Replies11
  1. #1RonG2009-03-28 07:54

    Look for Gradall posts.They were made by Warner Swasey at one time,probably have merged with another company by now but that is what you are looking for.Ron G

  2. #2insleyboy2009-03-28 08:03

    Definately Gradall, by the boom configuration. The truck looks foriegn for sure, but the overall machine has Gradall written all over it.

  3. #3CM19952009-03-28 09:36

    Looks like a knock-off Gradall copy. Notice the two boom cylinders are fixed like a regular excavator instead of the way the Gradall booms are mounted inside a "cylinder" to allow for the boom rotation. This picture shows the difference in how the unique boom is attached to the upper structure. Close up view of the boom mount Take a look at this http://www.gradall.com/downloads/spec_sheets/xl5100IIIss.pdf

  4. #4MaxNik2009-03-28 11:08

    Thanx men! I got exactly what i was looking for!

  5. #5tootalltimmy2009-03-28 14:26

    How about this one. Our uncle had it on Gabriola Island in B.C.

  6. #6telescooper2009-03-28 18:00

    On that (in the first picture) machine the boom is reminiscent of a Koring Bantam Telescooper

  7. #7insleyboy2009-03-28 20:23

    tootalltimmy...I have been around many many years, but never have I seen anything close to that!!!

  8. #8Cat287B2009-03-28 20:48

    Looks like the Tonka I had when I was 6.

  9. #9Taylortractornu2009-03-29 21:26

    MaxNik Thats a Russian telescopic excavator I cant recall the name I dont think its a Unex brand I used to go to their site when Thomas K had his site up. They mad them for the military had alot of great pictures of them clearing debris from a mountain road. They had some on tank undercarriages for mine clearance and such. Even had them mounted on tracked amphibious trucks. There was several configurations pictured.

  10. #10gmads012009-03-29 23:13

    Here's another interesting truck set-up - Unimog/Case (pics/link not mine).

  11. #11Taylortractornu2009-03-30 18:00

    Svyatovit and Antey are the names they are the smae company I think they split off each other. I got a picture off a friend that hs one of their amphibious rigs. I like their buckets alot of them have a fixd ripper turned opposite of the back of the backet when your digging you can roll the boom and rip then roll a gain and dig. http://svyatovit.com/en/index.php?category=1