Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck chugging

barklee ยท 2012-07-18 22:04

Just bought a new to me truck today. I was driving it back with no trailer and it wants to chug when you leave a stop sign or a stop. Its like a lurches slightly until you are past 20 mph or so. The truck is a sterling with a detroit series 60 and a 13 speed. What would be causing that? I thought the jake was on and messed with that and it was off...... Thanks:notworthy

Replies6
  1. #1Soodude2012-07-18 22:37

    What year is the truck?

  2. #2barklee2012-07-18 22:39

    2006

  3. #3Soodude2012-07-18 23:19

    does that motor have the exhaust regen in it, tier 4?

  4. #4Soodude2012-07-18 23:24

    air filter clean? sticking injector? ecm not responding quick enough, lagging? dirt on the floor under the pedal making it not roll like it's suppose to? lots of questions I guess.... i hate these newer motors... we still have the mechanical L10s and M11 cummins motors with mechanical linkages to the fuel pump

  5. #5barklee2012-07-19 08:31

    I dont believe it has exhaust regen. It definitely has electronic linkage from pedal to engine though. I was thinking maybe something with this or God forbid the injection pump acting up.

  6. #6buckfever2012-07-19 19:02

    Might be a ECM problem. Saw a mack once that would just start missing, no reason could be up hill, down hill, loaded, or unloaded. Didn't matter. Reflashed the computer and all was good.