Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck Drivers Pay

GGDOZERINC ยท 2009-06-24 18:17

How much should a truck driver make? Just a 5 day week 8 to 10 hours a day. Also its for louisiana i know this will make a diffrence.

Replies3
  1. #1amunderdog2009-06-24 18:24

    Well that is a very open question. All kinds of variables go into driver pay. I will start with an easy question? What size truck hauling what? See the reason i ask is the guy delivering for the local building supply; driving an under CDL truck; will not make near the money a guy running for the ready mix plant will.

  2. #2GGDOZERINC2009-06-24 18:35

    Hauling mostly dirt, class a CDL. Tractor trailor within a fifty mile radius around our area.

  3. #3Red Bank2009-06-24 19:54

    I don't know about Louisiana, but around here I would say start at $15 an hour, depending on experience and top out at $18.