Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Truck loses battle with bridge

heavylift ยท 2011-11-19 01:04

This happen in Wichita Ks... The driver left a trail of destruction before the bridge finally said enough already, then reached out an put a end to the truck's destructive behavior. http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ellogg-and-Seneca/Dj8Xn8GsZUKGGe9tyeNU8g.cspx

Replies12
  1. #1DEERE310SG2011-11-21 11:47

    I don't know how he didn't know his lift was up Kyle

  2. #2Andre Grondin2011-11-22 12:58

    Hi ! They have many gizmos for safety & driving and they can't get a detector for not lowering the body on a truck ! maybe a light that flashes in the cab when the body is not lowered . did he forgot or the body when up by accident ? my 02 cents

  3. #3tonka2011-11-22 13:51

    they are required to have a buzzer and light to warn the driver that rails/hoist is up...

  4. #4barklee2011-11-22 20:34

    That is crazy! We have a rolloff almost identical to this one pictured. Our roll off beeps and has a gigantic light in the dash to tell you when the hoist is off the frame........ Must have got tired of the buzzing and cut the wire!!!

  5. #5Andre Grondin2011-11-23 07:54

    Hi ! Good thing if they have light and buzzers , but if they overun the warning then bad things happen .

  6. #6rare ss2011-11-25 06:28

    I got this one via email afew weeks ago... We'll have to go to the judge's score card to see who was the winner in this one!!

  7. #7barklee2011-11-25 22:03

    Im gonna go with the Deere into the train trestle! That guy must have been haulin mach 1 to do that kind of damage. I'll still take that Kenworth off their hands though......

  8. #8Reel hip2011-12-27 17:31

    I all ways told my kids when they were growing up. "Never under estimate the stupidity of drivers" This used to apply mostly cars but I guess it now has to be expanded.

  9. #9John C.2011-12-27 19:52

    You gotta admire the stimulus packages those crazy truck drivers keep coming up with. Who could have known that they were going to try to keep all those construction people working

  10. #10donkey doctor2011-12-28 00:16

    In BC a few years ago. Very sad. http://www2.worksafebc.com/PDFs/investigations/IIR2005110210223.pdf D.D.

  11. #11Mike Van2012-01-07 06:14

    On my way to DMV in Danbury Ct. two days ago, spotted a Ryder truck that used to have an enclosed box on it. It had just been pulled out of a little underpass. I hope the driver checked the box that said "do you want the optional insurance"?

  12. #12tuney4432012-01-08 11:00

    You just can't fix STUPID! Just yesterday I'm getting loaded at Home Depot with a ton of wood pellets on my 10 ton lowboy.So later the forklift operator comes out for a smoke and sees me putting my 2 ratchet straps over the pellets.So he says ''well that's a good idea.'' So I ask him why he said that and he tells me last week a wannabe truck driver rented HD's truck for transporting his ton of pellets just relying on the plastic shrink wrap to contain it in the bed.He left and within an hour a NYS Trooper shows up to tell HD that 15 bags of pellets flew off onto I 84 and HD needs to inspect for proper securing of loads in the future.Apparently nobody got hurt.