Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

W900A front axle brakes??

3rdGenDslWrench ยท 2011-11-16 22:38

I'm gonna throw this out here just to see what everybody comes up with. I pretty much already know what is going to be cheaper more easy and a whole lot faster: Is there a company that sells a kit to add brakes to an axle that never had brakes at all? I'm talking about my W900A...it came from the factor without front brakes, which is fine if you're driving on dry pavement and you drive like you got common sense. But I had to drive it in the rain tonight....and I almost crapped my pants More than likely I'm going to end up swapping out the whole front axle assembly for 2 reasons....#1 being the brakes and #2 to add power steering. Right now this is the cheaper easier and faster solution. I'm just wondering if anybody out there has done something like this before. The holes are already there and tapped for the spider brackets.

Replies4
  1. #1muzy2011-11-16 23:14

    I have logged a few miles and do not have an answer for you. But how would front brakes help in the rain? muzy

  2. #23rdGenDslWrench2011-11-16 23:41

    Because that's where all the weight is. I forgot to mention this truck isn't a work truck so it bobtails most of the time. I bought it as a project to fix up. Now and then a friend of mine works for a warehouse and I'll help him out jockeying a few trailers around the yard for him.

  3. #3muzy2011-11-17 01:06

    Well I never would have thought of that. Bobtail or empty trailer......no wonder I was sratching my head. LOL. Jockeying trailers with no PS, hope you get some help here. Thanx for the answer. muzy

  4. #4Sparkie2011-11-17 01:25

    Should just be aable to order the parts