Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trucking Industry Safety Stats.

Jeff D. ยท 2007-06-02 04:14

Found these, and thought I'd share them. These came from the State of Michigan, and were for public release June 2000: * Statistics from the Michigan State Police, Motor Carrier Division **Statistics from the Fatal Accident Complaint Team (FACT). FACT was created to determine the cause of commercial vehicle crashes through the collection of additional data both at the scene of the crash as well as through interviews after the crash.

Replies2
  1. #1Countryboy2007-06-02 04:54

    I don't doubt it. After working wrecks for 9 years there have only been a handful of fatalities involving tractor trailers. I can't even count high enough to account for the number of passenger vehicle fatalities. While I don't know how many of each were caused by fatigue, I think the statistics would be pretty close, across the board.

  2. #2Grader4me2007-06-02 06:02

    I did a search on some Canadian sites concerning the statistics on truck related accidents. Found an artical from this Manitoba site that is interesting.