HI Guys Recent got a Used medium duty truck (FL single axle w Roll off). I am in Ontario Gravel Pit is asking for weights and measures for truck. I have the original build sheet from freightliner ? I have heard the MTO office have stop doing the weights and measures? And that maybe you can goto MTO scales.... but we all know how happy and friendly those guys can be How have other guys solved this? THxs
Are they asking to see something official? If not, take out a tape measure and notepad Write down the axle to axle distance. Then check the door jamb for the axle weight tag. Andrew
Official ... ?? and form who ? first this is a single axle truck so .... is measurement really relevant? Scale each axle and take the lower of tire capacity or axle rating and that is my max GVW ?? As for paper work, I have original build sheet with axle ratings and wheel base. I will get current tire ratings.
Why does the gravel pit care what your truck is rated for? In Canada is the supplier of the loaded material responsible if they overload your truck? If they aren't, I can't see why they would care. You should know the safe rated working capacity of the truck and everything on the build sheet should be all anyone would need.
Yep.... gravel pits are responsible to ensure they don't over load truck. And the Gov has fined them! Partially to make sure the roads are not destroyed around pits and also as a 2nd safety measure against over load trucks.
Sweet! next time the scale guy try's to give me a ticket I can send him to give it to the gravel bank lol :woohoo
Going to pick up 1 ton of hot mix from a large asphalt company with a L8000 dump truck and they insisted that I tare-in even though the product is delivered already weighed and you do not gross-out. Because of this reason, preventing overloading and company policy I was told....