Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trunnion on Komatsu D31E

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2025-01-29 14:15

Hey everyone, the C frame on my Komatsu dozer moves up a ways before the blade lifts up. The C frame slips through the trunion. Bad trunnion and cap? I know I could shave the cap and tight the bolts to get by. New to dozers. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1epirbalex2025-01-30 14:57

    What do you mean by slipping through ? Matters not much whats is doing but if this dozer is you money earner you need to rebuild or replace .

  2. #2Marcrus2025-01-31 19:40

    Pull some shims out, also check the cylinder pins and bushes for lift aren't worn excessively. Final option is unbolt trunnion, socket and cap and bolt on new ones

  3. #3UpNorth Mini Excavating2025-02-02 07:34

    There are no shims. I will be taking it apart soon to inspect the running and cap.