Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying not to get scammed.

4digger · 2024-12-31 10:32

Hey everyone. Been fixing equipment for awhile now, and made it this far without any sort of laptop or code reading programming device. All the laptops that appeal to me seem to be too good to be true. I work on pretty much all make equipment.cat Komatsu deer case Volvo bobcat. Also need somthing to run stand alone electronic engines if I could find that in a package. I’m new to this, any info is greatly appreciated. Thx happy new year.

Replies9
  1. #1Birken Vogt2024-12-31 11:34

    I had Texa installed on my own laptop for $4500. It is a genuine third party program and it does all the features and has help available. Does most/all makes of off road equipment.

  2. #24digger2024-12-31 12:42

    Thx for the input. I’m guessing it reads all make model codes but Does that setup do parameter programming and adjusting. Also would that be all I need to be able to run engines without haveing the machine attached? Thx

  3. #3Birken Vogt2024-12-31 12:54

    Contact @KisstDiagnostics on here. He sold it to me. I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

  4. #44digger2024-12-31 13:10

    Thanks for the input. I’ll reach out to him. We do a lot equipment dismantling and repair. So when the machine is partially disassembled and not able to be ran normally, we sometimes have to be able to test run engines before removing them or run them on a makeshift frame. But with the newer electronic stuff right now we’re not able to do that.

  5. #5Junkyard2024-12-31 13:38

    You can, the diagnostic software won’t allow that capability. You’ll have to buy or build some plugs for the ECM to supply power, ground and any other input it will need to run. I have them for several Cummins, Cat and Detroit so I can quickly isolate an issue. The ones I have take place of the truck or machine side of the ECM. You can have a throttle added in etc if you know the pinout. I have Jaltest. I can do parameter changes assuming it’s not factory password protected. I have run into a couple that I couldn’t get to program like PPM for a Speedo. Recently had one that would not reprogram. Had to have a friend come with ET to get it right.

  6. #6AristoTruckTech2024-12-31 14:23

    I can get you setup with everything you need. I sent you a PM.

  7. #74digger2025-01-01 23:08

    appreciate the info so far. I’m seeing people saying on road and off road in terms of programming. Questions is do I need both since I work with both in an off road ? Thanks.

  8. #8AristoTruckTech2025-01-06 11:29

    Some programs such as Volvo/Mack Premium Tech Tool support both on road and off road. Same with Cat ET. For off road programs/applications it is best to have the OEM adapter. all you would need would be CAT ET CAT SIS Volvo Premium Tech Tool John Deere Service Advisor Komatsu EST Bobcat Service Analyzer Case New Holland

  9. #9AristoTruckTech2025-01-06 13:36

    This is a custom package I set up for a customer in Nashville TN to cover their diagnostic needs.