Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to determine model

Seajinx ยท 2020-08-03 11:49

I'm trying to determine what year/model Backhoe this is. The only indication it's a 680K is from the Dipper Deca. Any info would be appreciated. I'm trying to locate the fuse panel but I'm having no success. short of taking off all the metal panels in search (of which I'm hoping to avoid) of the Fuse panel.I searched for a Service Manual, but it seems there are different numbers for most of the manuals. I'd hate to purchase one, just to find its not for my backhoe. everything was working fine, (well not everything) but, it shifted fine (fwd & Rev) up until I changed the Ignition switch. Someone mentioned probably a burnt fuse. Again, any help would be very welcome. TIA

Replies9
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-08-03 12:03

    Not a Case expert but looks like an older 680CK. 680K is way newer. https://www.marketbook.ca/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/193130717/1974-case-680ck https://www.purplewave.com/auction/...strial_Tractors-Tractor_Loader_Backhoe-Kansas

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-08-03 14:29

    It is in fact a 680ck series C. There are two different configurations of them. Does it have air brakes or conventional brakes ? The serial number is / should be on a small plate on the RH side of the steering console. There isn't any fuse panel. The fuses are in the individual wires behind the dash. There are circuit breakers also. Post the serial number and we can help you get it fixed.

  3. #3Seajinx2020-08-03 18:27

    It seems to have the conventional brakes, Looking under the chassis there are brake lines with a bleeder valve at the Inside Hub. So I'm assuming they are conventional. Thanks for the info. I can now try to locate the proper manuals for the Tractor.

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-08-03 19:58

    Don't buy the service manual yet. You gotta have a serial number to narrow down which ck you have. Look for the serial number here.

  5. #5Tinkerer2020-08-04 21:03

    Here is a link to the parts book for your tractor. ------> https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...11008/cn/47D26496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6 This is the serial number range for the correct service manual.

  6. #6Tenwheeler2020-08-04 22:04

    There are two older 680's around here. One I believe is an early C with hydraulic brakes. It has a data tag down by the foot pedals. I was thanking it was by the go pedal but in the same area as Tinkerers diagram with it by the brake pedals. If you do not find it on the left look on the right. He is usually correct. The newer C with air brakes has the numbers stamped in the frame rail. That is on the right side in front of the step.

  7. #7Hall982020-08-07 16:23

    Purchased a Kobelco SK03-N2 and unable to find anything on it online and dealers cannot tell me anything about it either. Need to know what hydraulic fluid, engine oil, and filters to use. One dealer told me that it was a Case Kobelco. Serial #2437U201F1. Any help would be appreciated.

  8. #8Welder Dave2020-08-07 19:00

    You'd probably be better to start a new thread under compact excavators.

  9. #9Tinkerer2020-08-08 09:21

    Welcome to HEF, Hall98 ! You will get more views and help if you post in the appropriate form. Hopefully a mod will move your question and delete my response. CNH and Koebelco were affiliated at one time. Last year they separated from each other. It is a gray market machine and you will probably have problems finding help from a dealer. Just a guess on by me tho.