Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No fwd or rev

Seajinx · 2020-08-01 08:22

680K Backhoe shifted fine fwd & rev before I replaced the ignition switch. Now i have no fwd or rev. I believe I'm missing a wire connection somewhere. Is there a some type of safety mechanism that requires a wire from the Ignition switch? The shuttle sifter lever??

Replies3
  1. #1seville0092020-08-01 11:50

    Can’t answer your question, but maybe check your fuses first as there’s always a (slight) possibility that a fuse for the safety switches blew when you did the other work.

  2. #2alrman2020-08-01 20:56

    There is an air operated transmission cut-out valve fitted to these, with a toggle on the dashboard. Could air be getting to the valve? Bumped the toggle during switch install? Sticking foot treadle valve? The cut-out valve maybe stuck due to moisture in the air system? Maybe just a coincidence about replacing the ignition switch......

  3. #3Seajinx2020-08-02 11:40

    Thanks guys, Will be checking them and will do a follow up.