Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to do a valve calibration on a 980G

vera66 ยท 2015-06-02 12:30

Hey guys so I am trying to do a valve calibration with et on a 980G but one of the steps is to set it at high idle I couldn't find a switch in the cab any help would be awesome thank you

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2015-06-02 12:53

    There isn't a High Idle switch on the 980G, simply press the throttle pedal to the floor.

  2. #2Scrub Puller2015-06-02 14:04

    Yair . . . ?????????????? Cheers.

  3. #3Nige2015-06-02 15:03

    He's talking about calibrating the solenoid valves for the lift & tilt hydraulic function, not inlet/exhaust valves.............

  4. #4vera662015-06-02 15:15

    Thank you nice sorry for the lack of info. I figured it out after I posted it. Now I have a delay in the boom up lever. You pull it back and it has a 2 to 10 second delay then the bucket starts to go up all other function have no delays

  5. #5Nige2015-06-02 15:25

    Have you done all the calibrations. I'd do the following in the order below: - 1. Lift & tilt angle sensors 2. Lift & tilt control position sensors 3. Lift & tilt proportional solenoids. Do you have any drift at all on the lift cylinders..? That can screw up the lift proportional valve calibration. Edit: Make sure the implement oil is well up to temperature before starting calibrations, low oil temp can also screw things up.

  6. #6Scrub Puller2015-06-02 17:48

    Yair . . . Gotcha Nige I realised that . . . I was just amused at the concept of a "switch" for high idle . . . forgive me I am old. (big grin) Incidentally it's good to see you posting regularly again, you obviously still have access to the inner sanctum. Cheers.

  7. #7lantraxco2015-06-02 18:29

    I remember switches for high idle... but those were connected to a solenoid which pulled the governor lever with a chain!

  8. #8Nige2015-06-03 04:03

    You obviously missed the thread a few days ago on the 988H "Rabbit Mode" then .......

  9. #9Scrub Puller2015-06-03 05:08

    Yair . . . I remember the "Rabbit Mode" terminology but I don't think I read the thread . . . as you will realize in my world "high idle" was pull the throttle open as far as it will go and then give it a bump with palm of hand for the last few revs. When you only had twelve hundred or so of them to begin with with it made a difference if some were absent . . . if working with a foot throttle a few extra revs were sometimes available by cleaning some of the sand/mud/debris from the floor. Cheers.