Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trying to get a l10 Pete 377 running.

cfherrman ยท 2024-04-15 13:50

Thing has sat for a few years but was running, not good, before being shut down. I have not seen it run. I've cut the frame behind the cab. Cab and wiring is not great. 1991 Pete 377 with Cummins lta 10 330 HP celect I believe. I have a fuel primer, hooked into the fuel filter suction on it and have circulated fuel around. The suction fuel goes through the computer and I have unhooked that to make it easier to prime. This primer will run my N14. From the fuel primer I have confirmed that the fuel shutoff is working. Have 12v to both of the fuses for the computer. I have a jumper wire to the back of the ignition to turn the cab and computer on. Sounds over nice and will fire on ether. There is no code read port I can find, there is a white twisted pair by the fuse box that's kind of weird. Anyone know if this is the code read port? Any tips?

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-04-15 15:15

    You should be able to hold down cruise on and set for 3 seconds to trigger flash codes if you have the instrument panel. Can't speak to the twisted pair. No round Deutsch connector under the dash?

  2. #2cfherrman2024-04-15 15:28

    No I can't find anything of the sort. I ohmed out the engine position sensor and it's fine that way, but looks bad, I might swap mine from my N14 and see if it starts. I'll try to get some codes through the cruise switch, some lights on the dash work. Do you have a link for that? Thanks!

  3. #3mekanik2024-04-15 15:33

    That 2 wire harness could be the data link. Early Celect engines used Cummins's ECAP suitcase to communicate with the engine. It had a 2 wire metripack data connector and a power plug that fit a cigarette lighter.

  4. #4cfherrman2024-04-15 15:56

    A very small amount of smoke did come out of the turbo, but definitely no fire