Just wanted to see if anyone has an idea what this cylinder head came off of. It has a large bore of 6 or 7 inches. I found it while hiking so i took a pic because am curious what it came off, it was just sitting on a rock with no other parts or pieces around and no indication machines were working there at one time. It is damaged so i was just wondering.
No idea but if its a very old head and rare, it may be repairable. Now you just gotta find an engine it will fit
Only seven mount bolt holes. The ports are the same size. Looks like a spark plug hole at the top but I can't see any threads. I don't understand the threaded holes on the outside. Might be from an old hit and miss engine.
Maybe a compressor part.
Most of the old compressors i've seen just had spring loaded wafer valves in the top of the head?
It looks like the kind of head you would find on a Cat Sixty or similar engine maybe.
It does look like a Cat Sixty head, thanks.
There was a big quantity of Best 60's, and then after the merge with Holt in 1925 to form Caterpillar , Cat Sixty's used in the logging industry back in the day. I could easily imagine a field repair with the bad head left laying behind.