Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ts 14c

Enstrom · 2016-05-31 10:30

I have two TS 14C's love them but not their transmissions. Is there any other transmission for the TS 14"s? Who does a complete re-build on the TS14's up-grade engines and transmissions? Is there any problems with the TS14G's transmissions?

Replies22
  1. #1Former Wrench2016-05-31 13:46

    The specs show an Allison CLT 3461 6 speed transmission front and rear. Allison has a good reputation. What is it that you are having problems with?

  2. #2Enstrom2016-05-31 20:02

    We lose rear transmission's 100 hrs or so frount every 250 or so, remove and buy rebuilt ones. We have checked the shifters, change oil monthly and keep the air tanks clean.

  3. #3Scrub Puller2016-05-31 23:11

    Yair . . . It's been a long time but I have been around fourteens and twenty fours a bit . . . no clue as to series but I have no recollection of transmissions being a problem. 100 hours on an Allison? That seems ridiculous, there has to be some underlying issue. Cheers.

  4. #4Shimmy12016-06-01 00:17

    Who is rebuilding them?? Inferior parts or unqualified mechanics would be more likely. What are the failures? Clutches, torques, planetaries? All could have different causes. What fluid are you using? A few trucks I've been around required Dexron II. I've never been associated with one directly, but aren't they controlled by air? Stories I've always been told say everyone wishes they had a different engine, not trans.

  5. #5Enstrom2016-06-01 07:25

    We have bought the transmissions from several different company's. We ran the scrapers some in ND some for two years, now we have them back in Florida. I would love to have them re-built with Cummings or JD power and a better transmission.

  6. #6laycobeau2016-06-01 12:27

    There is an outfit in Ft. Myers that is hooked to palmer Johnson that might help link http://www.precisiontrans.com/contact.php My friends at Palmer Johnson say they are good. Hope this helps.

  7. #7Former Wrench2016-06-01 12:42

    I would look into operator error. Years ago I was a field mechanic on a spread with 6 TS-24's, 1 S-24, and a bunch of R-35 end-dumps; all with Allisons and all running 24/7. Very few trans problems for the 6 months I was there so I am guessing operator.

  8. #8RZucker2016-06-01 14:09

    We really could use some information about the type of failures your having. Have the engines been uprated in horsepower? What are the trans temps when they are working and what oil are you running in them? 100-200 hrs doesn't sound right.

  9. #9stumpjumper832016-06-13 07:21

    When I was around the terex pans 8 years ago, the ts14b's were out doing the g's because there was always something trivial bothering the g's and it was usually electrical. the g's were ih dt466 I believe, the b's were 4-71 & 6-71 Detroit. Other than the noise they were efficient dirt movers. Tranny wise, you had to be sure that the trans were synced up properly other wise your front motor was fighting the rear motor.

  10. #10CJGaul2016-11-07 13:55

    I would double check the mounting shaft for that rear shift cylinder. Sometimes they will get ridges in the shaft when the bearings are worn and then it won't allow it to shift in sync with the front. It may shift while the machine is sitting still but when you are running and it's bouncing and shaking it can lock up and miss a gear. Here is a link to an article we have http://c-crepairs.com/ts-14-transmission-problems-for-clt-3461-allison/ We specialize in TS-14 parts, rebuilt components, etc. C & C Repairs www.C-CRepairs.com 614-873-4675

  11. #11Former Wrench2016-11-07 14:20

    You might try lifting the can and only running the rear engine through the gears. It should push the machine with the front engine shut down so you can see if you are hitting all speeds with the shift lever.

  12. #12DoyleX2016-11-07 15:10

    What kind of failure? Huge metal everywhere with tons of fines in the oil? Same failure every time? More details please. Coolers have to be junked out once contaminated. Do a oil sample on one of the runners and see what's coming up.

  13. #13MoparPA2016-12-26 14:54

    TS-24's Happy Holidays everyone. Haven't posted or been active on the site for awhile but i recently was put on with a contractor who still runs older iron and wanted to share a few pictures. Before starting a new thread i thought id check and see first if there were any TS-24 threads or any Terex threads to post the pictures. Thanks in advance.

  14. #14mog58582016-12-27 09:34

    bring on the pics. i got 2 bug eye one my self and a line on a ts 24 with 6-110 still in it. we all love pics of old iron

  15. #15MoparPA2016-12-28 19:45

    Ok, ill throw up what i got and take a few more. If i find a 24 thread ill throw them in there too just in case someone missed them here. Thanks bud.

  16. #16MoparPA2016-12-28 19:47

    Can ya hear them??

  17. #17old-iron-habit2016-12-28 20:33

    I can and loving it.

  18. #18MoparPA2016-12-29 22:22

    Breaking on the pile for a change vs in the cut lol 637 couldn't handle a push from a 24 :falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh Pushing a couple 37's…good ops in the seats on this job so we were hooking up 3 quite a bit

  19. #19MoparPA2016-12-29 22:25

    Not my picture. Stole them from the Blair driver.

  20. #20mog58582016-12-30 09:19

    nice pics thanks for sharing

  21. #21MoparPA2016-12-30 20:04

    My pleasure. It only took me 4 years to get my **** together on this forum and post stuff. :dizzy For the Terex/Euclid guys besides the scrapers the contractor still runs the old Euclid "belly dumps"…ill dig up some picture and find the proper thread for them also. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

  22. #22stars&bars442017-04-03 23:50

    are you loading with push pull or dozer? If dozer picks rear of the pan up and the when you pull away the back drops while wheels are spinning fast it can break the shafts.