Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tub grinder for stumps

queen of spades ยท 2015-10-25 20:32

I'm looking at clearing 5 acres of pines with a few 12" size sweetgums mixed in - and lots of saplings. Can tub grinders be rented from CAT or are there companies that will operate the machinery if I feet it stumps all day? Planning to use a 326 size excavator and a D5 with rake for the brush & roots.

Replies4
  1. #1ALM2015-12-09 18:28

    Do you have a end use for the hog fuel?

  2. #2CM19952015-12-09 18:43

    I am sure there are grinding companies in the ATL area. However the grinding companies here won't let anyone load their machines, they bring in a hoe. Personally I wouldn't want to load the grinder, if something goes in the grinder it shouldn't then it's a hefty repair bill. Better to let the grinding company load their machine.:cool2 As far as rental you might want to check the dealers who sell them, some have a rental program. Thompson over here doesn't rent them but Yancey might. I guess you can't burn even with a trench burner or air curtain?

  3. #3dist32015-12-10 06:20

    I think Yancey is a Bandit Horizontal dealer now.

  4. #4hetkind2015-12-10 07:15

    I would talk with a mulch processing company, they already have the equipment AND a market for the chips. They might work a deal where they bring on grinder on to your worksite, process the material, haul off the chips and supply the labor. Howard